Fisher Impulse, July 2021, $2800 - $3500

12 minutes ago, tvr said:

A thought that I hope is based in logic, then I'll walk away from this particular part of the discussion. If both quoted items are true, the logical conclusion is that the Equinox is a flop in moving salt water. Might be interesting to see that discussion over on the Equinox forum. 🙂

Why the forum? I am out for a 4 hour salt beach hunt again tomorrow. Why not join? 

On 3/3/2021 at 10:47 PM, midalake said:

A trusted source has one in salt.

He even sent me small segments of wave examples in video where the machine would not be usable.  

I am good with that. For the record it is about the same movement that makes the Equinox fall on it's face as well. 

Thanks Dave

Tell your trusted friend if he is unhappy I would be glad to make him an offer on his flop.

2 hours ago, Carolina said:

Tell your trusted friend if he is unhappy I would be glad to make him an offer on his flop.

You get another one and your going to Jail for sure...😉

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Carolina said:

I trust that my trusted friend, trusts his own instincts and would trust another known trusted detector in those untrustworthy conditions.

I honestly cant say any of the machines ive used handles the wash really well.   I do agree the Nox will loose targets there as the water moves over the coil and rushes thru the sand.   But then it can loose targets in the hole out there as well.  But then you take advantage of either the high or low tide too hunting the shallow at various times.   There is a large of concentration of minerals, tiny aluminum, black sand and its all gets moving constantly there.  I had an issue the other day.  The sand was being correlated near shore producing a mound in the wet sand.... and some what of a trough at the waters edge.... i had to adjust my settings.   We have a good bit of seaweed at various times during the year.  That stuff gets buried in low areas trapping a lot of these materials..... and it WILL make a machine chatter.  Heck .... even a sting ray will swinging over them.  Coil flip is another reason.... just like swinging N to S with a slop.... a lot of machines dont like that either.  For me it would be more important that it ran smoothly just out of that wash and into deeper water.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, dewcon4414 said:

I honestly cant say any of the machines ive used handles the wash really well.   I do agree the Nox will loose targets there as the water moves over the coil and rushes thru the sand.   But then it can loose targets in the hole out there as well.  But then you take advantage of either the high or low tide too hunting the shallow at various times.   There is a large of concentration of minerals, tiny aluminum, black sand and its all gets moving constantly there.  I had an issue the other day.  The sand was being correlated near shore producing a mound in the wet sand.... and some what of a trough at the waters edge.... i had to adjust my settings.   We have a good bit of seaweed at various times during the year.  That stuff gets buried in low areas trapping a lot of these materials..... and it WILL make a machine chatter.  Heck .... even a sting ray will swinging over them.  Coil flip is another reason.... just like swinging N to S with a slop.... a lot of machines dont like that either.  For me it would be more important that it ran smoothly just out of that wash and into deeper water.

Hi Dew, as you said I think most detectors are effected by the above situations. As you know there are was to negate some of these issues though.

What I am interested in is your honest opinion of the 12” Tarsacci coil in and around the salt water ? The price tag is extremely steep in my opinion and turned me off. Tom has sung praises as well might be expected. I look forward to your valued opinion on this matter. Good luck and spring is nearly here !!! I will be watching the Tarsacci forum here.