I think social media has changed things.   Used to be we found out about machines just before they came out.... now 2 or 3 years it seems we get to talking.   Once the cat is out of the bag we EXPECT the companies to provide EVERYTHING about the machine .... that is still in the works.   This allows the competitors to plan ahead it seems.   ML did the Nox ... volume, because i cant believe they made a huge profit, but EVERYTHING stopped selling.  Must have been like crickets in the shops..... and two major companies went out of business.  Cant say expensive machines done sell..... especially after they prove themselves.... lot at the CTX.  Wonder how many bought a CTX once the Nox came out?   So now ... we have a certain expectation of cost and performance.  My question is..... was the limited way under priced.... or what are we getting for this inflation?   Not that the machine may not be worth it when you compare it to the ML gold machines rather than VLFs.  If it out performs Erics machines.... its pretty special.   Its working great for some of you guys.... but others its been in the shop more than on the beach... those bugs needs to be fixed. 

• Like 1

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It is well known, the longer it is the better it is ....  There hasn't been a Marketing launch yet, the day it happens, at that point you can really talk about the hype ... I would try to do my be

Not to spill the beans, But you will want everything that comes with the New World AQ,  Thanks to Alexandre and The Team at First Texas. They have been watching this forum and addressed every detail. 

Knowledge on how to set the AQ up properly for the circumstances at hand. Knowledge on how water classifies targets on the slope and in the water. Knowledge of the differences each beach you hunt have

Posted Images

1 hour ago, dewcon4414 said:

I think social media has changed things.   Used to be we found out about machines just before they came out.... now 2 or 3 years it seems we get to talking.   Once the cat is out of the bag we EXPECT the companies to provide EVERYTHING about the machine .... that is still in the works.   This allows the competitors to plan ahead it seems.   ML did the Nox ... volume, because i cant believe they made a huge profit, but EVERYTHING stopped selling.  Must have been like crickets in the shops..... and two major companies went out of business.  Cant say expensive machines done sell..... especially after they prove themselves.... lot at the CTX.  Wonder how many bought a CTX once the Nox came out?   So now ... we have a certain expectation of cost and performance.  My question is..... was the limited way under priced.... or what are we getting for this inflation?   Not that the machine may not be worth it when you compare it to the ML gold machines rather than VLFs.  If it out performs Erics machines.... its pretty special.   Its working great for some of you guys.... but others its been in the shop more than on the beach... those bugs needs to be fixed. 

One could make the argument, which machine is he talking about when he says, “ but others it’s been in the shop more than on the beach “, the Nox or the AQ ? I would guess hundreds maybe thousands of Nox’s have drowned world wide once submerged in water and a fair share of the CTX’s also but not as many for sure as the Nox. Our friend Max drowned four in less than two years. 600’s & 800’s. I own both the AQ & the Nox 800. After years on the market, the Nox still has problems. Both have their place I think but neither are in the same category. One suits a wide range of detectorist, weekender as well as seasoned professionals. Another is for seasoned professionals only I think. One also stands out as the deepest by far. I’ve always read and believe the detector is no better than the hand that swings it. 
          Is the AQ deeper than Eric Foster machine’s ? I can not answer as I don’t own a Foster PI. I did own a dual field at one time and yes the AQ is the deeper of the two. I own other PI detectors as well that the AQ is the deepest. Eric Foster will always be known as the father of pulse induction and holding over forty patents over time, his legacy will for ever, hold the test of time I think. There are many great engineers out there, but none will be able to compare to his legacy. To have the name and machine that all others are compared to, is a testament to his name and machines.                                                                                  
          With all that being said, in my humble opinion, if you are serious about salt or fresh water detecting, you would do well to own the AQ.                                                                                                                              
         As far as Rick Kempf and Fisher’s response to my issues, no matter how trivial, in forty + years detecting, none have had a better response time for me.

• Like 7

I know plenty who have had their Equinox / CTX leak when subject to prolonged submersion (control box maybe one foot under).....what scares me is the Nox and AQ are both rated to 10 feet 😬

True PI is for serious detecting.

I wish that any company buit a  straight pi high power with delay starts at 8 or 10. With ground balance. Raisonnable price under 1000$. 

35 minutes ago, Hamid said:

True PI is for serious detecting.

I wish that any company buit a  straight pi high power with delay starts at 8 or 10. With ground balance. Raisonnable price under 1000$. 

Yes that's what we all want, but it's hard to get or manufacture a new lamborghini car for the price of a new ford car. :tongue:

• Like 4
  • Haha 4
11 hours ago, ALEXANDRE TARTAR said:

Yes that's what we all want, but it's hard to get or manufacture a new lamborghini car for the price of a new ford car. :tongue:

I replied and wrote the quotes not for me.

For the new users and for those they just started yesterday, for help them they can afford the cost. This is what I mean.

The story how the Lamborghini came in this World, the same happened to me.

Thank you Alexandar for the video that you shared. I appreciate your efforts. 

19 hours ago, ALEXANDRE TARTAR said:

Yes but Lamborghini is a niche market ... I hope that they will soon propose a low cost model, say at around 100 000$  ....  😄

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I don't understand one thing....if the person(Russ) from Fisher comes to a talk show and represent the company,why is he coming out either with wrong information about the price or if the price he mentioned(2800-3500$)is right,why everybody denies what he said? In this way you confuse us as a potential AQ buyers,WHY????whats going on??? What is this for strategy?

• Like 4