Help With Equinox Ground Noise

67GTA

After doing lots of tests, I have concluded that this is just caused by different types of mineralization, and is just magnified by the Multi-IQ technology. Rocks, red clay deposits, fertilizer, etc. Areas where the Deus mineralization bar would barely register sometimes sounds like and iron patch with the Equinox in multi. If I change to single frequency, it is almost eliminated. The two main settings that really affect this are sensitivity and recovery speed as previously suggested. I usually run recovery around 5 unless I get into a lot of iron. If I raised it to 6 or 7, and then lowered the sensitivity to 15-18, the ground noise would almost disappear in multi. None of the other settings except for manual ground balance made any difference. I am going to play around with the tracking ground balance and see if that helps. Thanks to everyone for the help.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 67GTA said:

I am going to play around with the tracking ground balance and see if that helps.

Variable ground is exactly what this feature is made for.  I've tried it in NW Nevada searching for tinies in Gold modes with the 6" coil and it seemed to perform quite well.

Thanks for the followup.  I've been wondering about your original post even as recently as two days ago  So many (even I sometimes 🙄) ask for help/advice and then forget to repost when they find a reason/solution.  I look forward to reading what your tracking experiments reveal.

• Like 1

67GTA......Try to use and change 1F frequencies ..5 / 10/15/20 / 40khz ... and find out which frequencies I will work most stably ... This will tell you..why why the multifrequency does not work stably ...

Forgot to mention I tried different single frequencies also. Spent about 4 hours trying different things at one of my worst colonial sites that produces new items every time the ground is turned over for planting. It is only about every 5 years now since everyone in the US practices "no till" planting. It seemed like 15khz was the most quiet and 5khz the most noisy. 20-40khz were very  similar to 15khz. Almost every plug will have 3-5 square nails. The ground is full of fertilizer. The first 5-6 inches is organic top soil and underneath that is solid red clay but with really low iron oxide content.

• Like 2

Went back to the same site today and tested auto ground tracking and beach modes. The beach modes seemed to be a little quieter, but only just a little. I'm guessing it is more of the hard minerals the Nox is picking up and not salt. Auto ground tracking worked well but didn't help much with the ground noise. I really thought it would help more. I ocaissionaly double checked the auto GB numbers by manually ground balancing and they were within 2-3 numbers of each other. The Nox is just like the Deus ground tracking. If the coil doesn't move for several minutes (if your digging a 2 foot deep hole) the GB will be off until you start swinging it again.

• Like 1

I detected in similar places where there was a strong response of the earth's signal from solid minerals, but in some places it was minerals that gave a strong signal response in the non-ferrous zone - and in the range of ID Roman coins. /Equinox ID 15-16/.

GTA67 .. in your case, it may be interesting to determine if there is a difference between the dry and wet terrain of your detection site.
Since you have false signals in the iron zone - the most effective and phenomenon is to use discrimination and discriminate against these false signals in the iron ID zone...

• Like 1