Ground Balance Offset

On 2/21/2021 at 1:07 PM, Joe D. said:

How about the Nox, aren't the same things taking place when you use beach 1, and beach 2, as opposed to the other preset programs at the beach that get chatty!? ie, beach 2 runs quiet in salt water, at the loss of depth! Beach 1, a little more depth on the dryer sand, etc... I'm guessing that trying to boost any of the presets for depth manually on the Nox is probably negligible at best!?

Thanks Argyris, and the rest of you, for catching my interest with this post! I missed some reading this week; trying to catch up!👍👍

Hey Joe...since theory is the same, I'm expecting it to apply regardless the machine. And I found numerous posts and guys using this trick...especially old timers.... However, which offset you will apply (negative or positive) has to do with the conditions first, and of course the reason you wanna mess with it. Common application is slightly negative when inland to run just a little hotter and help detect deep silver coins in hot grounds for example, or slightly positive when in salt to not completelly eliminate the tiny gold signals that are overlaping with salt itself.

I have kept a phrase that I found while searching for this which tells it all "Negative offset for minerals/bad dirt/depth - positive offset for smaller low conductors.....old school stuff that still has merit"

ps. made a little self explanatory scale in my excel to help me visualize the GB offset apllication (for Kruzer GB scales)

GB Offset.png

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Joe D. said:

Hey Argyris,

Congrats on finding a new water detector to try out! I hope it does as well, or better than the last! Without the associated problems! Keep us posted how it goes for you!👍👍

Thanks my friend! Fingers crossed it will! 🙂 Will share experiences soon!

• Like 1