Don't Ignore Those Iron Tones! Found A Nice Penny Bank Near An Old Farmhouse

That is pretty cool! I have been using lemon juice to clean some stuff like that and it seems to work well.  Nice find. 

• Like 1

Nice find, and I hope it cleans up well for you.

Antiques like that are hard to find anymore.

Good luck on your next outing.

• Like 1

Excellent find (and approach).  Another reminder that discrimination (whether detector settings or brain settings) should at least be site based.  Makes me wonder how many keepers I've missed by being too selective....  Too bad they didn't leave you a few pennies inside, but still a worthy display piece.  There was a period (1950's?) when commercial banks were advertising by handing out similar items, but I don't see advertising on yours (do you?).  There are collectors of those.  I agree that yours looks way older than 1950's.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GB_Amateur said:

Excellent find (and approach).  Another reminder that discrimination (whether detector settings or brain settings) should at least be site based.  Makes me wonder how many keepers I've missed by being too selective....  Too bad they didn't leave you a few pennies inside, but still a worthy display piece.  There was a period (1950's?) when commercial banks were advertising by handing out similar items, but I don't see advertising on yours (do you?).  There are collectors of those.  I agree that yours looks way older than 1950's.

Agreed, I too often get caught up in only focusing on mid and high tones myself, so I'm glad I did dig this one up. The piece simply says "BANK" across the front with no additional text. Here's a photo of it shortly after coming out of the ground for comparison purposes.

PXL_20210124_233123840.PORTRAIT~2.jpg

• Like 3