A Case For Tarsacci All Metal

Dancer

1. Been running A M.  mostly here on the Gulf.   So much I don't even think about it.   Anyway today I met up with a good buddy on his second year with his Nox 600.   Following a good ways behind I hit a few low negative items. No matter How hard I squinted I couldn't make them gold /silver.       So I caught up to my pal, laid em on the sand. Hey check these with your Nox, see what ya think.      He says , Can't hear a thing !    What?  He's says he got nothing.    Ole buddy was starting to get a little sick.   Felt kinda bad.        Thought a minute.  I says , you in All Metal.     No in disc.      He switched it over.  All was good.    Just proves you never quit learning.        Around a buck eleven, out of a surf wash.

IMG_20210217_134702.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dancer said:
  1. Been running A M.  mostly here on the Gulf.   So much I don't even think about it.   Anyway today I met up with a good buddy on his second year with his Nox 600.   Following a good ways behind I hit a few low negative items. No matter How hard I squinted I couldn't make them gold /silver.       So I caught up to my pal, laid em on the sand. Hey check these with your Nox, see what ya think.      He says , Can't hear a thing !    What?  He's says he got nothing.    Ole buddy was starting to get a little sick.   Felt kinda bad.        Thought a minute.  I says , you in All Metal.     No in disc.      He switched it over.  All was good.    Just proves you never quit learning.        Around a buck eleven, out of a surf wash.

IMG_20210217_134702.jpg

So I am confused? Are those ear rings gold or silver?  

4 minutes ago, midalake said:

So I am confused? Are those ear rings gold of silver?  

Junkers all.      The gold looking one came in at -02 to -04, shallow and it blasted.

Silver ones -14 shallow too.      The little Light house, was pretty deep , thought it was going to be a Tab. The All Metal reminds me of a strum across a violin.    Not bad at all.     Like always if you think your in the Zone, gotta go slow.    Picked off  a few real deep ones today with barely a click.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dancer said:

IMG_20210217_134702.jpg

25 minutes ago, Dancer said:

Junkers all.      The gold looking one came in at -02 to -04, shallow and it blasted.

Silver ones -14 shallow too.      The little Light house, was pretty deep , thought it was going to be a Tab. The All Metal reminds me of a strum across a violin.    Not bad at all.     Like always if you think your in the Zone, gotta go slow.    Picked off  a few real deep ones today with barely a click.

I prefer the best of both worlds on the Tarsacci, mixed mode with 0 disc.  The AM “hums” with “tings” alert you to probable non-ferrous.

Equinox does not have a true all metal mode, just a “no disc” mode.  Unlike the Tarsacci’s true all metal mode, the Equinox target signal is still processed audio in “no disc” horseshoe mode.  

Not exactly sure what your point is, btw.  Since it is junk costume jewelry, the Nox was doing exactly what the user set it up to do, discriminate out junk ferrous. Why was he feeling “a little sick”. If he wanted to dig it all, of course he should have engaged the horseshoe button to remove all disc.  That’s just detecting 101.  Are you saying your buddy just forgot the basics or what am I missing?

• Like 3

Well, Sometimes funny things happen out there in the salt.   I think I like making the decision to dig not so much the machine.  I have read of and talked to a few who have walked away from a signal and went back and dug. And found a goody.    Other than that Chase, I'm not giving advice so much as relating what happened.

• Like 2

I run AM at the beach too. It means I dig a bit more trash, but I'm willing to do that. I might be missing something, but when I try detecting in DISC or MIXED, I feel I don't get the same depth. Either way, costume jewelry or not, as long as you had a good time, that should be enough for anyone!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dancer said:

Well, Sometimes funny things happen out there in the salt.   I think I like making the decision to dig not so much the machine.  I have read of and talked to a few who have walked away from a signal and went back and dug. And found a goody.    Other than that Chase, I'm not giving advice so much as relating what happened.

I like making the decision too vs. the detector.  I find the target ID implementation on Tarsacci daunting because of its instability on deep targets.  This lack of visual TID stability makes AM alone less reliable.  That's where mixed mode lends a hand by giving me audio cues on what is likely deep non-ferrous via the discriminated signal mixed with the AM audio.  A great implementation by Dimitar. 

I went back and re-read your post, and think I better understand what you were saying.  It isn't that your buddy "learned" about horseshoe mode it was just that he forgot he had disc on when he was testing the junk targets so when the didn't ring up he at first thought there was something wrong with the Nox. 

• Like 2