Where Would You Go?

Thank you for the information Monte, I will definitely be reaching out to you for more information.  Not sure you recall, I'm sure you correspond with thousands of users, but you really helped me better understand my new (to me) Vaq Black through a series of detailed Q&A a few years back.... but I sure remember you!  Thanks again ~Tim.

1 hour ago, GB_Amateur said:

I carry a gold pan whenever I detect

Thanks for following up GBA!.  You know, I seem to recall that you carried a pan with you for detecting... great idea!

• Thanks 1

Here's a place to go in 2021 ....  Our 13th WTHO, June 9th thru 13th based out of Wells, Nevada.

Find a motel room now, or book at one of the two RV parks.  There are at least six ghost towns a short drive from Wells that we have hunted, and every outing good finds have been made.  A great bunch of people have made attendance regularly, and we get a few new participants on every outing.  Past get-togethers have averaged 15 to 25 people per outing, and we spread out so as not to bunch-up and 'over-group' a site.

If interested in attending, e-mail me with your name, e-mail address, Mailing Address and Phone Number and I'll put you on the WTHO Contact List.  Ask whatever questions you have.  Use either of the e-mails listed below.

Monte

• Like 3

GB_Amateur, thanks for resurrecting UtahRich's post from last year. I gave it a glance over and realized something........... I still have a steak dinner coming 🙂  Heck, after June 13th I might have a couple steak dinners waiting for me.

Anyhow, hope to see you there as well as others. Everyone is welcome to come join us. I always look forward to the outing(s) as they always end up being a very fun trip. Wells has been a favorite area as there are plenty of different sites to go to and a good chance of finding something nice.

• Like 3
  • Oh my! 1

I would like to hunt the Ghost town of   Drosopagi , Florina ,West  Macedonia,  Greece where my dad was born.The village  was only a 100 years old(1844-1944) but there   were many gold coins dropped by air to the troops there plus who knows what else you would find.It is a very   isolated spot in the mountains which means you probably would not find anything  to old    here compared to the rest of  Greece.I would like to hit where our house now lays in  ruins too.It is a ghost town because the Germans burnt it.My uncle was killed here.   I think during the civil war of 1949  that the communists would use it too. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dances With Doves said:

I would like to hunt the Ghost town of   Drosopagi , Florina ,West  Macedonia,  Greece where my dad was born.

I hope you are able to get there DwD, that is some incredible history.  I am sorry to hear about your uncle. Thank you for sharing his memory with us.   ~Tim

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well I have been lucky enough to detect in several states in Australia and also the South Island in New Zealand.  I have done quite well in all places but research is a must. Australia is very flat country mostly and New Zealand very hilly/mountainous but very little bush or rubbish to deal with. Luckily I used to live on a gold bearing property in NZ so I knew exactly where the gold areas were. Still a lot of gold to be found. I have goldfields about an hour from where I live now but some of the better ones can be an 8 - 10 hour drive so not just a weekend drive. 

• Like 1

The Florida Treasure Coast of Florida from Melbourne down to Fort Pierce.  I'm already planning on a week trip in November.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, walkerrj said:

The Florida Treasure Coast of Florida from Melbourne down to Fort Pierce.  I'm already planning on a week trip in November.

That sounds like a blast Walker!  

1 hour ago, Kioti said:

Well I have been lucky enough to detect in several states in Australia and also the South Island in New Zealand.  I have done quite well in all places but research is a must. Australia is very flat country mostly and New Zealand very hilly/mountainous but very little bush or rubbish to deal with. Luckily I used to live on a gold bearing property in NZ so I knew exactly where the gold areas were. Still a lot of gold to be found. I have goldfields about an hour from where I live now but some of the better ones can be an 8 - 10 hour drive so not just a weekend drive. 

I would love to plan an extended trip to New Zealand someday! Your comments go in the pro column, for sure Kioti.  

• Like 1