Are All Tarsacci Equal?

20 minutes ago, Ridge Runner said:

I see that some may not have the external speaker and I think that’s good but may not have the upgrade battery compartment .

Dealers out there now may have one option are none but can you get a upgrade at no cost to you the buyer?

Chuck 

Chuck are you going diving with your Tarsacci - the "upgrades" really don't matter if you are not hunting in chest deep water and even then, the Tarsacci is still warrantied to work.  Don't over think it.  This is a small time operation, there are going to be slow incremental changes but basically you are going to get what you are going to get and will have to pay for upgrades.  Hopefully Aaron can get on soon to let you know the status of these battery compartment upgrades and speaker mods, but unless you are going diving with it, it really doesn't matter.  Nothing has changed as far as detector operation.  Also, despite these changes, I have not heard that Dimitar is changing the specs on the unit - it is still only going to be guaranteed for 1.5 meters submersion for 30 minutes.  I like the fact that I don't have to worry about it at all in a driving rainstorm nor do I have to worry about it if it takes a dunk in the water.  One thing you will need to do, however, is get a decent set of waterproof phones with the requisite special headphone connector (the Tarsacci doesn't use a standard headphone jack) and that will set you back another $100+ dollars at least.  That is a special order item from a third party like Tony Eisenhower.  Tarsacci does not supply waterproof phones with the unit or offer them as an accessory.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Chase  I understand from where you’re coming from and no I’m not going diving with it . I do know how salt water has a bad effect on anything over time.

Some time back I drop a non water detector in freshwater. I picked it up and emptied the water then removed the battery pack. Went to my car and turned the heat on and within 20 minutes I was up running. I’ve never had trouble with that detector but if that was saltwater it would been history.

The only stupid question is the one you don’t ask.

Chuck 

• Like 2

I rarely hunt anywhere but IN the salt water.   like a timeX .... mines taken a licken and is still ticken.  I told Tom when i first got mine we just didnt need a speaker.   Not only do we not use them, it uses more battery, cant hear it as well.... especially on a beach and they likely will leak.   Ive always used a nylon sticker over my speaker area.... even my dirt machines.   Id say there is only one place the machine might leak without this speaker.... where the wires come in at the front of the box where they go back to the battery box.  HOWEVER.... im certain Dimitar seals that very well.  Me and a couple beach guys have gotten water in the battery box found when taking out the battery to charge.   Rinse, blow out, use anti rust.... and good to go.  Id be amazed if one of those connectors would ever be an issue.  I cant advocate dunking any ones machine like mine has been with the water rating.... which is an industrial rating.  So hopefully these upgraded ones he will feel more comfortable.   He does detect and has been for years. 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Dewcon4414

You said something about wires that must be exposed going to the battery box.I’ve looked at Tarsacci and I don’t see the wiring you’re talking about. If said wiring is exposed and not going inside the handle I would call that a weak design. As you said if I don’t plan on getting in the water then a battery box maybe leaking wouldn’t be a problem. That’s true! But at the same time if I wish to do so two things just happen. The first the battery box could leak if I walk in water to use it what it’s intended for and the second is I didn’t get what I paid for that being a waterproof detector.

Aaron showed a video how to take care of the O-rings and if it will fix a simple problem then that becomes not a problem.

Chuck 

I did find a large picture of the Tarsacci and I could zoom in but yet to see any expose wiring going to the battery box.

Waiting to hear from you Dewcon4414 on the possibility of said wiring.

Chuck 

There are no exposed wiring in the TARSACCI’s battery compartment nor inside the handle beneath the control box.

Aaron

Aaron  

I thank you for for the quick reply. I just pickup on his statement and I had to find out if it was true.

Now we all know it’s not so.

Chuck 

• Like 1