New Nokta Makro Multi Frequency Detector 2021

It was good to hear it’s two winners in naming this new detector. Now Dilek didn’t say if they have been notified as such but I would think they wouldn’t until say just before it would hit the market.

I myself really didn’t hear anything new other than it’s still in a testing stage. I believe it would have been better for it to come out sooner than later like it is. Then at the same time to get it right the first time is better for us than having to ship it back several times for them to get it right. 
 Like another brand in the past I had to do just that.

Chuck 

Yes, a total non-event.  It's at least next year now by the looks of it.  The competition will likely have their new model sitting ready and waiting to release just before this detector hits the market to ensure when this does come out it has a hard time getting anywhere.  They probably would have been better to keep it tight lipped about this detector until it was a few weeks off release, not tell us about it a year or two before it hits the market.

• Like 4

I knew housing would be same and no green headphones. Learned it would be Bluetooth. Would assume aptX low latency off the shelf like the Equinox?  

Also price point and features competitive to the 800 but not the 600, one model. 

I’m not sure I agree the build quality is any better on the Simplex over the Equinox although you don’t hear of tons of drownings and broken coil lugs...  Flimsy shaft makes it feel a little cheap.  

Is the Pulsedive pin pointer also compatible with Bluetooth? I know it is compatible with  green headphones.  

4 hours ago, King-Of-Bling said:

It was rather uneventful and rather disappointing. Not really anything new that we didn't already know. I was under the impression from the prior show that it was ready for release. I was wrong. What a waste and 1 hr I won't get back.

2x playback speed and skipping are your friend. 

2 hours ago, Chase Goldman said:

No

I think one of the positives with the Simplex and the Apex is the headphone and pinpointer audio integration.  Also a feature where I feel Minelab is behind.

I imagine NM doesn’t have a BT aptX chip/transmitter in the current Pulsedive and it is not a software updatable thing. Maybe they will market a BT version compatible with this SMF detector....  

• Like 1