"close to testing stage"

"confident this will be a good machine"

"simultaneous multifrequency, but also many single frequencies"

"in the Simplex housing, but this is not a multi Simplex, but something new"

"coil will be completely different from Simplex"

"some upper shaft differences"

"lower shaft will be carbon fiber"

"user replaceable, changeable battery; field swappable"

"not going to be priced as low as Simplex, but will be competitively priced versus the competition (Equinox)"

• Like 6

We all have looked forward to that day this detector shows it’s face but we look back to the first day we were told of it. Here we are again hearing a echo of time past and it all sounds the same as it did then and now.

Chuck 

1 hour ago, Steve Herschbach said:

"this year, do not know exactly when, hopefully sooner than later"

"close to testing stage"

"confident this will be a good machine"

"simultaneous multifrequency, but also many single frequencies"

"in the Simplex housing, but this is not a multi Simplex, but something new"

"coil will be completely different from Simplex"

"some upper shaft differences"

"lower shaft will be carbon fiber"

"user replaceable, changeable battery; field swappable"

"not going to be priced as low as Simplex, but will be competitively priced versus the competition (Equinox)"

I've followed 3 or 4 videos from her and other posts. What I like is her straight up , no BS approach. I can respect her saying "sometime this year." She hasn't been wrong yet. Unlike others , who say " maybe in April , then , maybe in July". Just stringing you along with the BS. Anyways , I'm looking forward to this detector when it does come out. I've never owned a Nokta before. Would like to give it a chance.

• Like 3

To me, the most important part of Dilek's video was her clearly stating that the new Nokta Makro simultaneous multi frequency detector is being built to be a direct competitor of the Equinox. She also made it clear without naming names that Nokta Makro does not consider the unnamed Garrett APEX as a viable competitor for the new Nokta Makro SMF detector. 

I hope Nokta Makro is right in their assessment of their new SMF detector. That would be great for a more competitive market and for us most of all. 

I have always been extremely impressed with Nokta Makro's detectors. I don't currently own one but I have owned five of them in the past and they are outstanding.........just not as outstanding where I detect as the two detectors she discussed in the video without mentioning names (Equinox and Deus).

So, do I save a little money and buy the Nokta Makro SMF or get a personal loan/sell a car/dip into my retirement/or sell all of my personal belongings (except my detectors) for the GPX 6000?

• Like 5

I may have to start hitting the sports fields more to get my clad count up😁

I could see me buying one of these especially if it can complement my nox in some way.  

• Like 1

If performance is very close to the nox, and its priced a bit less, and has a great selection of coils, they could steal a chunk of nox sales.  The simplex sure is a big bang for the buck.  I wish them well.

• Like 3

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• By Jeff McClendon
      A "new", easier to operate, gold probability scale 61 kHz nugget prospecting detector using the Anfibio platform from Nokta Makro. I did not see this coming......
      https://www.noktadetectors.com/metal-detector/gold-finder-2000/

• By Tahoegold
      So, I really like the Makro Gold Racer. I keep finding more things about it. Recently, I found a really tiny 14k gold chain visually, just lying on the ground.  I had my compadre and it couldnt pick it up. I took the chain home and tried it on my GR. I had the factory settings, 10 on disc, using Disc 2 the deeper one, and tone break at 30. Nothing, I couldn't get it to detect it.
      So, while I was waving this chain in front of the 10" DD coil I started lowering the disc, I realized the ID number was about 3. So, I experimented with going one number at a time all the way to 0. At 1 I could get a somewhat clear signal. At zero it was a nice signal. Even the big coil coild pick it up at about an inch.
      I have been trying to find micro jewelery with no luck. Maybe this is why. I have not used the disc mode in all metal. You see, I really like the clear signal the disc modes give. I have a hard time "reading" the all metal mode. I can really hear the signals in the disc modes. Why is the all metal mode so hard to understand? So very faint target sounds compared to the really obvious ones in disc.
      So, am I searching in all metal when disc is at 0? It sure seems as deep and sensitive as all metal. I get much more audible info than all metal in my opinion. However, I have to state here, I'm not an expert. I know the all metal has a way of indicating a target with thresh hold sounds too, or, the silence of the thresh hold sometimes on tiny targets. But, it's not as easy as this method. I really could hear this tiny chain this way.
      Can I hunt just as effectively like this or should I keep trying to learn the all metal mode? What's your opinions? And, please, lets keep this discussion to the Gold racer and those who have one. 
      I'm actually really glad to have discovered this. I'm fortunate to have this chain to test.

• By Smithsgold
      Finding Placer Gold with a Metal Detector and a Breaker Bar 
      Armed with a Breaker Bar and a Minelab SDC 2300, a White's Gold Master V-Sat Jeff and Gary ( Two Toe's ) head back to the Gravel Bar to finish up the search for Placer Gold Nuggets !!!!!
      Jeff brings the Big Breaker Bar and it boulder moving time on the creek while Gary searchs the high and Low bench for those elusive Nuggets.
      See what the guys find with there Metal detectors while working the Bedrock crevices both High and low !!!!!
      SG 037 Thanks for watching

• By Smithsgold
      Moving Boulders to find Placer Gold 
      Moving Boulders to reach Bedrock Crevices to locate those Placer Gold Nuggets that are hiding just out of sight.
      Jeff and Gary ( Two Toes ) use a Come-along and a Breaker bar to move the boulders then check the bedrock crevices with a Minelab SDC 2300 Metal Detector.
      A Come-Along is a hand operated winch used to pull objects in this case Boulders !!
      SG 036

• By And
      Hello detector-prospector friends,
      I had the honor to interview the finder-family of the legendary "Ambrosha-Nugget", found 1983 in Sierra County, California.
      Enjoy!

• By Steve Herschbach
      Minelab GPX 6000 Data & Reviews
      Minelab GPX 6000 User Manual
      Minelab GPX 6000 Accessories and Spare Parts
      GPX 6000 INTRODUCTION
      GPX 6000 Learn #1: What's In The Box - Unboxing of the Minelab GPX 6000 gold detector. 
      GPX 6000 Learn #2: How To Set Up Your Detector - Learn how to set up the Minelab GPX 6000 gold detector.
      GPX 6000 Learn #2.1: How To Charge the Battery - Learn how to charge the battery on the Minelab GPX 6000 gold detector.
      GPX 6000 Learn #3: How To Get Started Quickly - Learn how to get started quickly with the Minelab GPX 6000 gold detector.
      GPX 6000 Learn #3.1: How to Adjust Volume & Backlight - Learn how to adjust the volume and backlight on the Minelab GPX 6000 gold detector.
      GPX 6000 Learn #4: How To Connect the Bluetooth Headphones - Learn how to connect the ML100 wireless headphones to the Minelab GPX 6000 gold detector.
      GPX 6000 Learn #5: Intelligent Automatic Operation - Learn how to reduce unwanted interference when the GPX 6000 is configured for intelligent automatic operation.
      GPX 6000 Learn #5.1: Automatic Sensitivity - Learn about Automatic Sensitivity on the Minelab GPX 6000 gold detector.
      GPX 6000 Learn #6: Coils - Learn about the three coil options for the Minelab GPX 6000 gold detector.
      GPX 6000 Learn #7: Double-D EMI Noise Cancel - Learn how to perform a Double-D EMI Noise Cancel on the Minelab GPX 6000 gold detector.
      GPX 6000 Learn #8: Advanced Ground Balance - Learn about advanced Ground Balance on the Minelab GPX 6000 gold detector.
      GPX 6000 Learn #9: Using Manual Sensitivity - Learn how to adjust Manual Sensitivity on the Minelab GPX 6000 gold detector.
      GPX 6000 Learn #10: Turning the Threshold Tone On / Off - Learn how to turn the Threshold Tone on and off on the Minelab GPX 6000 gold detector.
      Source: https://www.minelab.com/usa/LearnGPX6000