My Detecting Partner Getting Some Local Press

Well that's impressive, what a great example your friend is, and thanks for sharing. 👍 ht

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Hardtimehermit said:

Well that's impressive, what a great example your friend is, and thanks for sharing. 👍 ht

Thanks Hermit.  I will pass your comments along.   ~tim.

• Like 1

That was a great find and video to document it! Congratulations to your friend. There is nothing like finding something that means so much to someone and returning it to them.

Norm

• Like 1

Nice story.

You CAN go detecting in the snow ! As long as you don't want to dig up the solid part...

Here's another snow story.

I found a ring about 10 years ago using my ancient Rat Shack / Bounty Hunter 6kHz detector.

A friend asked me if I could help her go find her diamond. She had lost it in the snow  and "thought" it might have been when she took off a glove to unlock the door ......

I found a few targets , but no visuals , just a bunch of ice and chunks of hard packed snow...and way too cold to go fishin'.

We picked up as much of the "beepy chunks" as we could fit into a plastic tote and took it home ,  her husband dug in the ice for a while without luck , fired up his salamander (torpedo) heater and pointed it at the tub....... an hour later there it was shining up from the bottom of that tub of water !

I think we just got lucky but she sure was happy.    Hubby got all the hugs..........LOL

Even the old tech still goes beep if you put it over the treasaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar !

OK , and if it's not too deep.

• Like 2