12" Coil Price

dewcon4414

Im sure Aaron will get on here soon..... but he put it up on the Tarascci that the price and availability will be posted tonight for the new 12" coil.  Pre-orders are being taken as well.  I assume they will be dropped shipped rather than go to the dealer then out to us. 

• Like 1

When that 12 incher get in the hot  hands of Tarsacci users that’s when it will get interesting.

Looking forward to the show & tell  of different people in the field.

Like anything we got to know the price of a new coil.

Chuck 

"Quite a bit better"..... well its going to have a much larger surface 30% i believe and more depth.   Thats to be determined based on area.  According to Aaron the MSRP is $360..... normally an MSRP isnt the final price.... but it maybe in this case.  For me ....2 or more inches with the added surface at that price im in especially if that depth is in the water.   Its dang tuff to squeak out inches now days..... physics is physics.  Here in Florida i dont have a problem saying this machine is deeper than other machines im using.  I dont know of any other VLF machine that has a coil for this depth..... so it would have to be another machine (or PI which is work).... which would certainly cost me more than this coil.   Ive also said .... if the targets are sanded in..... a machine that gets FEET more wont help.   So yes .... its a bunch of money..... but no different than usual... we buy larger and smaller coils all the time IF we feel they could help.

Here is the MSRP price list for all Tarsacci products:

MDT8000 with standard 11X9 coil $1495 
MDT8000 with 12"coil $1585 
MDT8000 with 11X9 and 12" coils $1760  
MDT-11X9 coil $270 
MDT-12 coil $360 
Coil cover for MDT-11X9 coil $12 
Tarsacci headphones $45

• Like 3

1 hour ago, dewcon4414 said:

well its going to have a much larger surface 30% i believe

Actually, 46% more area.  Aaron's calcs were off, so its even better than advertised in Aaron's first coil video.  But it will get you probably a couple inches at best as you noted.  Note that it is not going to be a huge change in swing coverage, though, because the stock 8.5 x 11.25 already gets you an 11.25 inch swath on every swing so that is going to only be 3/4 of an inch more swing coverage.  Still a high price to pay for the additional depth, but that comes with the territory with a small, niche manufacturing operation that has to deal with huge overhead costs.  Can't wait to see Keith's field videos.

• Like 2

But .... its 12" wide so you have more swing for near targets lol.  Price vs payback is kind of always a coin flip..... much like buying a new machine.   In the salt water i saw the Nox loose 2" on a 3 gram ring....the MDT may... i say may have lost a little..... now add that 2".   To me ... its worth maybe hearing something someone missed.   AND likes been said..... we pay for this stuff fairly quickly.   Dirt diggers really have to think harder.  Keith makes some good videos..... lot of knowledge there.  DOnt know how long he will have the coil or if hes been given one for keeps to do videos.... im hoping so.

• Like 2

Unless this new coil has good to great depth if you’re swinging that stock coil correct are you really missing anything.

I’ve been what you call a dirt digger more some of you are old. I’ve always swing my coil around half over my last swing. So that 3/4 inch more don’t do a lot for you unless it has overall greater depth.

Like said we shouldn’t be covering a foot after foot. It shouldn’t be over 6 after 6 inches. If you not doing this you can be missing targets.

Chuck 

Let’s not even talk about swing 😂 have ya seen those golfers out there? Keith mentioned hes 6’ something with his shaft extended in the 3rd hole .... mine is in the second so I get the use out of that shaft out there.  I’ve also been whining about it not having a coil cover.... why because if I don’t epoxy mine I can wear one out is less than a year.  So I’m hoping for a tuff as nail coil.  I traveled full time in an RV for some time detecting.  A dirt digger knows how to hunt.... and a good one don’t leave ya much.

• Like 1

On 2/21/2021 at 1:35 PM, dewcon4414 said:

I may have missed an opportunity.   I heard Dimitar was at the weekend hunt in Gainsville and had a booth showing off this new coil.   

I found out to late myself, I would have made the trip up just to say hi....again.