12" Coil Price

dewcon4414

Carolina  

I don’t have a Tarsacci as of yet but I’m still on the fence looking.

That price on that 12” coil is adding up plus you still don’t have a coil cover. I hope to see more videos on it and I’m sure in due time we will.

The trouble with anything if you want to play the game you have to pay the price.

The best of luck with that 12” coil if you bite the bullet and purchase it .

I do like the way it’s setup offering different ways you can buy the Tarsacci.

Just remember you’re not going to take it with you and for myself I want it be a sad day for everyone when I go.

The Best!

Chuck 

• Like 1

Well Tom put up some testing results on the new coil.  I know what I get on a buried nickel at my beach before it starts reading iron with the Nox near the oat meal... somewhere around 11”.   I don’t have Tom’s skills but even if I loose an inch or so..... this is great depth.  I’m glad it got some testin in the water too.   Like I’ve said before the machine doesn’t loose a lot of depth in the water and that alone can really translate to an advantage over other water machines.  Got mine coming.  We will be doing some swings over a few targets with both the AQ and MDT if I can get one of the guys I know here out on the sand.

For those interested... especially the water hunters SteveG maybe getting a borrowed shaft to try and make it a smaller diameter.... which will equate to less water displacement.  It’s currently between a standard shaft and CTX shaft.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, dewcon4414 said:

For those interested... especially the water hunters SteveG maybe getting a borrowed shaft to try and make it a smaller diameter.... which will equate to less water displacement.  It’s currently between a standard shaft and CTX shaft.

It would be nice to get a few people on board with the slimmer lower carbon fiber shafts for the tarsacci.  It may reduce weight also if that is a concern for some guys going to the 12 " coil which is a little heavier.  Biggest benefit is less drag in the water is what I'm guessing.  Steve can use colored shafts to pretty up the detector too.  

• Like 2

Drag is the concern..... the more drag the more things break over time.  But also some wear on the upper lock/shaft.  A little movement up there can really be seen at the coil and with a single button spring clip the upper will move and wear.  Need that shaft further in there.... BUT ya have to be careful NOT to get into those wires that come out the front of the box to the battery

• Like 2

Drag.    I hunted with the coil one day.      Salt surf / Sand.        Didn't take long, started feeling more weigh.  Coil filled up with sand.     This isn't just   a Tarascci thing either.     Now the covers on land,  not nearly as bad.

Prices ?   Like I told my wife.      It's why they call them checks.  Stimulus

• Haha 2

OK.... i got the 12".  I think this needed to be on there in the first place.  First impression ... i like the beefier ears the rubbers make it fit well.   Coil connector is in the right position to run the cable up the shaft.  Weight .... surprisingly balanced and i didnt really notice much weight difference when swinging and you dont find yourself twisting the coil at the end of the swings.  Nothing to fill with sand so maybe ill like this without a cover lol.  It is over filled so i dont think you will get coil separation like some Xcal coils did.  Epoxy reminds you of JB Weld plastic..... that stuff is hard as a rock.   Tomorrow im supposed to look for someones ring i didnt find it today.  So ill take a little gold chain with me.  fairly small.  Ill be watching to see if it upscales the aluminum and deeper trash.   Hopefully thats not changed because it puts it above a quarter..... so for my gold hunting it starts narrowing down what i DONT have to hear or look at.   I love new toys lol.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, dewcon4414 said:

Tomorrow im supposed to look for someones ring i didnt find it today.  So ill take a little gold chain with me.  fairly small.  Ill be watching to see if it upscales the aluminum and deeper trash.

Hey Dew.

Do you think this new 12" coil will give a different range of Tid numbers for gold?? 

I’ve not had time to test any gold.  However the 3.9 gram 14k I found today was still in the 5 digit range.   Waves were pushing pulling a lot today so I got to use it in some good moving water.  It handled very well.  Coil control was better than the standard.  Not nearly as much flipping or being pushed up.  Could be a few things.... added weight, design it self or fully filled epoxy.  I didn’t think I’d like that the ears was not dead center... but this one works the coil connector allows you to run it right up the shaft cutting down on cable vibration.   Out of the water ... I honestly didn’t notice the weight.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2