Why I've Found More Ounces Of Au With Sub $1000 Detector, When I Own An Sdc, GPX & GPZ

Hi Gerry,

A really informative thread! I'll have to travel to tailings piles, but do know of many out of the way hand-dug ones in California. I wonder if you could share some of the Nox settings you use in the old dredge tailings, the ones that sounded on the incredible gold-laced cobbles you found.

Thanks!----From a former Rye Patch student--great training!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, YubaJ said:

Hi Gerry,

A really informative thread! I'll have to travel to tailings piles, but do know of many out of the way hand-dug ones in California. I wonder if you could share some of the Nox settings you use in the old dredge tailings, the ones that sounded on the incredible gold-laced cobbles you found.

Thanks!----From a former Rye Patch student--great training!

All my customer who purchase the NOX 800 from me get a bunch of knowledge and settings.  Did I forget to email you all the info?  If so, email me direct from my website. www.gerrysdetectors.com 

What a great post, and it's one that contains a lot of information on why VLF's are sometimes better at finding particular types of gold as well.

As I too chase the gold on steep hillsides, I enjoyed your comments on detecting in those conditions. Moreover, I learned a few new ideas from your post on what to do a little differently with a VLF, always a welcome discovery.

Thanks for putting together your post, and thanks also for the pictures.

Nicely done, and all the best,

Lanny

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

Thanks Gerry ,

Just got back from Colorado , 9,000-11,000 feet load , had my Nox 800 , but have not used for gold yet and not enough time on a friends claims to get to know the detector & tailings hunting , mostly placer in California .

If I get invited back in August and find a little gold , may have to consider the 6000 , social security can not cover the cost of the 6000 , hope to get the 800 to provide enough gold to consider the new Minelab .

• Like 2

Aye, Gerry is the 6K proving to poach a wee into VLF gold territory in your backyard?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/5/2021 at 1:40 PM, Norvic said:

Aye, Gerry is the 6K proving to poach a wee into VLF gold territory in your backyard?

Sorry I was out on the East coast and have not been on DP for some time.  I can only tell you what I have heard as I do not have a GPX-6000 for myself.  Of the 9 staff members and myself, only Lunk and one other in NV have 6000's at this time.  I try to make sure customers get the detectors and so most of my Staff have to patiently wait.

Wish I have more info, but those are the facts for this time.

• Like 7

I've had a chance to swing a 6000 for 20 minutes or so on a very trashy area.  I found myself wishing it had discrimination like a VLF.  A tiny shard of a can really screams.  I used my X-coil in the same area and thought the same thing.  It can get very discouraging digging everything when it doesn't include any nuggets.  The 6000 and X didn't see any hot rocks in this area so something is working for them but discrimination has its place to keep your head in the game for the good stuff.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Gerry in Idaho said:

I try to make sure customers get the detectors and so most of my Staff have to patiently wait.

Kudos to you-I think your one of the few dealers to serve your customers before yourself :biggrin: :ph34r:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1