Parts For Bill Thompson's Drywasher?

Swegin

Because no one has yet replied to  your question, I thought I'd give it a try.  I do not have a handle, but in a prior life I custom manufactured antique car parts.  If you can find a picture of the handle, especially if you can get dimensions, it may be possible to have one custom made.  Even without dimensions, it is possible to make a reasonable reproduction.  Just food for thought.  Best Wishes on your search and use of the equipment.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Swegin said:

does anyone know where I could get the hand crank handle assembly?

Steve H. may know who might have them or he might know where to get one made.

He is full of knowledge and will direct you in the right place.

• Like 1

@Swegin and @Cascade Steven If you guys need dimensions for the handle PM me your email address.  I took a bunch of photos and detailed measurements of mine and saved it to a pdf file for someone a while back. They are fairly simple and would be easy to manufacture a new one.

• Like 2

• The title was changed to Parts For Bill Thompson's Drywasher?
9 hours ago, Valens Legacy said:

Steve H. may know who might have them or he might know where to get one made.

He is full of knowledge and will direct you in the right place.

I don’t know everything by a long shot, and appreciate all the other people here who pitch in to provide answers! :smile:

• Like 2

10 hours ago, GotAU? said:

@Swegin and @Cascade Steven If you guys need dimensions for the handle PM me your email address.  I took a bunch of photos and detailed measurements of mine and saved it to a pdf file for someone a while back. They are fairly simple and would be easy to manufacture a new one.

Thank you.  I can get one made if I had the dimensions.  PM Sent.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/21/2021 at 8:43 AM, Swegin said:

Thank you.  I can get one made if I had the dimensions.  PM Sent.

Hey, I found a good source for that Thompson motor, Bill used a car seat adjustment motor for it, and cut the shaft to the needed length after attaching the puffer linkage. Wouldn’t hurt to get a backup one too:

https://www.mpja.com/mobile/Leadscrew-Motor-12VDC-Right-Angle-with-Brass-Flange-Nut/productinfo/32575 MD/