Difference Between AQ Limited & AQ That’s Coming

Rick 

When the TDI detector first came out only dealers who had training on it could sell it .

Did you Rick have any training from First Texas before you were to sell them?

Chuck 

I had two of the prototypes to test - one in San Diego and back here in AZ and another in Norway in conjunction with their Norwegian Agent. I also was offered the opportunity to purchase the first AQ Unlimited model in December 2019 and I happily did so.

All of these functioned exactly as I expected - excellent depth even in black sand at Coranado in San Diego and with useful multitone and mute discrimination functions - nothing like a VLF discriminator, but in some circumstances very useful.

Depth, quiet and power. That pretty well sums it up. It’s a PI, not a VLF/IB detector.

As far as “selling” goes - it was a one-time arrangement - my 3-4 years background with the Manta Project, which became the AQ - made me uniquely suited to assist Fisher with this “Buy-In Public Beta” arrangement which no one in the detector world had ever tried before - to the best of my knowledge.

Assuming the AQ proceeds to the “unlimited” stage, I hope to be a dealer for it - along with others.

• Like 5

We dont always agree Rick, but i believe both our goals is to see the best possible machine produced.  Im a niche water guy looking for gold.... so im selfish about what i wanted to have.   I may have rubbed some the wrong way..... but im also old, grumpy, and dont care lol.  There still seems to be some tweaks needed and im sure Fisher is working on those.  If that happens ....this should be worth every penny especially for those who like a PI.  

• Like 5

You know another pulse detector company shows what their new pulse detector has over any pass pulse detector of their own.They show in detail what or why you should be willing to put out your hard earned money on their new product.

Now I can understand when told the Limited AQ was made at a limited profit. Again when told the new AQ has so many features that the price will have to be double.

I just want to make sure I’m getting a new detector not a new paint job on a old model.

I say Fisher lay your cards on the table and quite beating around the bush about cost and what it has to offer . 
Chuck 

On 2/23/2021 at 7:59 AM, Rick Kempf said:

The Limited was a “one time good deal”. The selling price was the absolute minimum to encourage experienced beach hunters to try it and thereby gather the maximum feedback on its performance and utility in the hands of folks who had the dedication and experience to provide the usage and feedback desired.

The price of the “Unlimited” version has to cover the millions in research and development costs, the bill of materials and return a profit. 

The price is not out of line for comparable machines such as the CTX and Minelab’s gold nugget detectors.

Rick, by industry standards, I already consider this detector to be "near perfect" (given a bit of bat run time, and submersability).  The good (performance) outweights the shortfallings by far.   If there are any big improvements in the production model I'll gladly pay that money too.  

cjc

• Like 2

On 2/23/2021 at 8:32 AM, Ridge Runner said:

Alexandre and Rick

I thank you both for the quick response. I do understand profit and loss being I have found myself on both sides of the fence over the years.

I also understand people not liking the jump in price on the up coming AQ . I can’t say I’m any different than anyone else but if I want it bad enough come hell are high water I’ll have it .

Like said You get what it pay for but at the same time if I feel that’s not true I just don’t buy it.

Chuck 

I agree, Ridge--If you can't make a few bucks with the performance of this detector--buy a Simplex. 

cjc

• Like 2

Cjc 

I have the Simplex already as a good backup but like anything the backup sometimes finds its self up front.

That’s until the new kid ( detector) gets in town and that could be AQ are Tarsacci.

Chuck