I may have fell out of my tree again because here’s something I just don’t understand.

You got a Limited AQ selling for 1500 and here come summer you have another AQ that will be selling for over a thousand more than the Limited.

The word Limited is just referring to the number of detectors made on that run and as we’ve been told that number was 100 .

What I’d like to know is the Limited ones also limited in brains as one would have to think that justifies the new AQ such a increase in price that goes with it .

If it’s face is one only a mother could love with a bunch of knobs that okay . I’ve seen some of the best detectors ever made have nothing but knobs. I do have ears and I’ve been digging on sounds for years.

I thank you ahead because I know somebody out there can answer my question and at the same time reduce the pressure on my brain when I think too hard.

Chuck 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ridge Runner said:

I may have fell out of my tree again because here’s something I just don’t understand.

You got a Limited AQ selling for 1500 and here come summer you have another AQ that will be selling for over a thousand more than the Limited.

The word Limited is just referring to the number of detectors made on that run and as we’ve been told that number was 100 .

What I’d like to know is the Limited ones also limited in brains as one would have to think that justifies the new AQ such a increase in price that goes with it .

If it’s face is one only a mother could love with a bunch of knobs that okay . I’ve seen some of the best detectors ever made have nothing but knobs. I do have ears and I’ve been digging on sounds for years.

I thank you ahead because I know somebody out there can answer my question and at the same time reduce the pressure on my brain when I think too hard.

Chuck 

Impulse AQ limited sells at almost factory cost. 
Numerous mechanical modifications were made to the new model, more injection molds. 
The 18650 li-ion batteries are in the upper shaft, all at a cost upgrade.

And many of the things that I can't name yet
The new design is beautiful. (for me)
I repeat the price for the new version has not been decided nor considered yet.

• Like 9

The Limited was a “one time good deal”. The selling price was the absolute minimum to encourage experienced beach hunters to try it and thereby gather the maximum feedback on its performance and utility in the hands of folks who had the dedication and experience to provide the usage and feedback desired.

The price of the “Unlimited” version has to cover the millions in research and development costs, the bill of materials and return a profit. 

The price is not out of line for comparable machines such as the CTX and Minelab’s gold nugget detectors.

• Like 5
25 minutes ago, Rick Kempf said:

The Limited was a “one time good deal”. The selling price was the absolute minimum to encourage experienced beach hunters to try it and thereby gather the maximum feedback on its performance and utility in the hands of folks who had the dedication and experience to provide the usage and feedback desired.

The price of the “Unlimited” version has to cover the millions in research and development costs, the bill of materials and return a profit. 

The price is not out of line for comparable machines such as the CTX and Minelab’s gold nugget detectors.

I don't understand one thing....if the person(Russ) from Fisher comes to a talk show and represent the company,why is he coming out either with wrong information about the price or if the price he mentioned(2800-3500$)is right,why everybody denies what he said? In this way you confuse us as a potential AQ buyers,WHY????whats going on??? 

• Like 4

Alexandre and Rick

I thank you both for the quick response. I do understand profit and loss being I have found myself on both sides of the fence over the years.

I also understand people not liking the jump in price on the up coming AQ . I can’t say I’m any different than anyone else but if I want it bad enough come hell are high water I’ll have it .

Like said You get what it pay for but at the same time if I feel that’s not true I just don’t buy it.

Chuck 

5 hours ago, PPP said:

I don't understand one thing....if the person(Russ) from Fisher comes to a talk show and represent the company,why is he coming out either with wrong information about the price or if the price he mentioned(2800-3500$)is right,why everybody denies what he said? In this way you confuse us as a potential AQ buyers,WHY????whats going on??? 

Because a marketing person will never say they don't know, even if they don't know

It shouldn't have happened, it's on her own initiative.

• Like 2
  • Oh my! 1

🤡 I live two miles from the Atlantic Ocean. Send me a test unit and we can get all this cleared up. I will take it to the wet sand and test it free of charge I will even pay return shipping. I am knocking down over 30 thousand views a month so plenty of free publicity. ...

I will set it up however you guys want it setup....

You guys really need to get a grip on your marketing it looks like a directionless clown show.

BTW If you want I will borrow a Tarssacci from my buddy and put it head to head with the Impulse and put all this mystery to rest about how the Impulse performs..

I am dead serious about my offer...

• Like 1

Unfortunately Calabash, FTP aren’t giving the AQ Impulse away. You can test it but you have to pay for the privilege. If I was a full-time saltwater or freshwater beach hunter I would buy to try one. I have a worse problem than you since I am a gold prospector so I get to pay $3000 to $7000 to test/try one.

• Like 1

Calabash  

I think that’s a wonderful idea on the offer you have bad . One thing about whatever you said I know I could take it to the bank and it wouldn’t bounce.

I can assure you that your offer will fall on deaf ears . I would offer the same but my drive to the Texas coast is about 140 miles for me . 

Heck who knows they may want to send both of us one .

This will happen about the same time hell  will freeze over.

The Best Calabash!

Chuck 

• Like 2

The AQ's beach tests have already been shown in detail by Joe.  We don't need more tests. What people want is the finished unit before the next detecting season is over. Time is precious. They also want a price so they can decide if they can purchase the unit. That is all we have ever wanted. Heck, people are on waiting list to get the first run units, even though it sounds like the new version is almost there.

• Like 8