Difference Between AQ Limited & AQ That’s Coming

I may have fell out of my tree again because here’s something I just don’t understand.

You got a Limited AQ selling for 1500 and here come summer you have another AQ that will be selling for over a thousand more than the Limited.

The word Limited is just referring to the number of detectors made on that run and as we’ve been told that number was 100 .

What I’d like to know is the Limited ones also limited in brains as one would have to think that justifies the new AQ such a increase in price that goes with it .

If it’s face is one only a mother could love with a bunch of knobs that okay . I’ve seen some of the best detectors ever made have nothing but knobs. I do have ears and I’ve been digging on sounds for years.

I thank you ahead because I know somebody out there can answer my question and at the same time reduce the pressure on my brain when I think too hard.

Chuck 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ridge Runner said:

I may have fell out of my tree again because here’s something I just don’t understand.

You got a Limited AQ selling for 1500 and here come summer you have another AQ that will be selling for over a thousand more than the Limited.

The word Limited is just referring to the number of detectors made on that run and as we’ve been told that number was 100 .

What I’d like to know is the Limited ones also limited in brains as one would have to think that justifies the new AQ such a increase in price that goes with it .

If it’s face is one only a mother could love with a bunch of knobs that okay . I’ve seen some of the best detectors ever made have nothing but knobs. I do have ears and I’ve been digging on sounds for years.

I thank you ahead because I know somebody out there can answer my question and at the same time reduce the pressure on my brain when I think too hard.

Chuck 

Impulse AQ limited sells at almost factory cost. 
Numerous mechanical modifications were made to the new model, more injection molds. 
The 18650 li-ion batteries are in the upper shaft, all at a cost upgrade.

And many of the things that I can't name yet
The new design is beautiful. (for me)
I repeat the price for the new version has not been decided nor considered yet.

• Like 9

The Limited was a “one time good deal”. The selling price was the absolute minimum to encourage experienced beach hunters to try it and thereby gather the maximum feedback on its performance and utility in the hands of folks who had the dedication and experience to provide the usage and feedback desired.

The price of the “Unlimited” version has to cover the millions in research and development costs, the bill of materials and return a profit. 

The price is not out of line for comparable machines such as the CTX and Minelab’s gold nugget detectors.

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, Rick Kempf said:

The Limited was a “one time good deal”. The selling price was the absolute minimum to encourage experienced beach hunters to try it and thereby gather the maximum feedback on its performance and utility in the hands of folks who had the dedication and experience to provide the usage and feedback desired.

The price of the “Unlimited” version has to cover the millions in research and development costs, the bill of materials and return a profit. 

The price is not out of line for comparable machines such as the CTX and Minelab’s gold nugget detectors.

I don't understand one thing....if the person(Russ) from Fisher comes to a talk show and represent the company,why is he coming out either with wrong information about the price or if the price he mentioned(2800-3500$)is right,why everybody denies what he said? In this way you confuse us as a potential AQ buyers,WHY????whats going on??? 

• Like 3

Alexandre and Rick

I thank you both for the quick response. I do understand profit and loss being I have found myself on both sides of the fence over the years.

I also understand people not liking the jump in price on the up coming AQ . I can’t say I’m any different than anyone else but if I want it bad enough come hell are high water I’ll have it .

Like said You get what it pay for but at the same time if I feel that’s not true I just don’t buy it.

Chuck 

On 2/23/2021 at 5:29 AM, PPP said:

I don't understand one thing....if the person(Russ) from Fisher comes to a talk show and represent the company,why is he coming out either with wrong information about the price or if the price he mentioned(2800-3500$)is right,why everybody denies what he said? In this way you confuse us as a potential AQ buyers,WHY????whats going on??? 

Because a marketing person will never say they don't know, even if they don't know

It shouldn't have happened, it's on his own initiative.

• Like 3
  • Oh my! 1

The AQ's beach tests have already been shown in detail by Joe.  We don't need more tests. What people want is the finished unit before the next detecting season is over. Time is precious. They also want a price so they can decide if they can purchase the unit. That is all we have ever wanted. Heck, people are on waiting list to get the first run units, even though it sounds like the new version is almost there.

• Like 7

On my beach, the AQ is at least 2" deeper than the Tarsacci. The Tarsacci was very difficult to balance and quiet down and to have the proper swing speed, you can easily walk over a target. The AQ is not as difficult to balance and is very reactivity to a target. That is my experience on my beach  in Long Island Sound.

• Like 3

CCadrin

Okay on what you said you have my undivided attention. The AQ you’re talking about does it belong to you? My reasoning behind this is I for one would like to hear more on what you think about the AQ .

I don’t guess we’d be so lucky you do videos but if not I’m willing to read whatever you post..

The Best!

Chuck 

• Like 1