Difference Between AQ Limited & AQ That’s Coming

CCadrin

You may not believe me what about to say. You could get a long jail term by owning two AQ but I’m willing to save you and that’s by you sending me one . I’m willing to help you out and that’s out of the goodness of my heart by I’ll pay postage.haha 

Sorry to hear about your back trouble and I will look back on your post about the rings found.

You be careful down in Florida they things that will eat you. We don’t have a problem like that but we got mesquites that’s big in south Texas you have to be careful of. If over a hundred pounds no problem but keep a eye on the kids.

Chuck 

• Like 2

Here are a few videos on the Limited model...AQ, I never went for the Tarsacci for I feel my Excaliburs are as good if not better.  My opinion ...if you have never owned a PI, more than likely you will dislike the AQ,.... it is not for every hunter and not for every beach. I'm a 50/50 user between the AQ and the Excalibur. Between the two, I do much better then any of the locals..which are mostly Noxs..few Excaliburs, CTX's and CZ21's.

I invited my hunting partner (brother) to share in the testing...His reaction to the AQ's performance tells it all...

easy 18 inch's on a nickel..And his very first time seeing and using the AQ

Then several video's with the limited model..testing and finding gold. 

https://www.youtube.com/user/oldbeechnut/videos

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

There is no mystery regarding the Impulse performance for anyone that has followed along the last few months. There are a large number of very detailed posts and videos from numerous users, all of whom paid for their detectors. Anyone with questions about performance still would do well to dig in and study for a while. People who want a machine like this generally know who they are, and if they are anything like me, they have no use for tests done by others anyway. That goes doubly so for PI detectors.

• Like 8

As far as the discrimination side of the AQ.... My opinion. Keep the Nox. One reason I keep the excalibur, there are places I will not even try to hunt using the AQ. And maybe I'm not experienced enough but when you go into a spot you really want to make the best of it. I just feel the Nox or a Good VLF can be more time efficient. Give me a couple of years and maybe I will feel different but that is me right now....The AQ is just a Deep Pi for me,... great some beach's and others the Excal rules....

• Like 3
  • Oh my! 1

1 hour ago, Ridge Runner said:

CCadrin

You may not believe me what about to say. You could get a long jail term by owning two AQ but I’m willing to save you and that’s by you sending me one . I’m willing to help you out and that’s out of the goodness of my heart by I’ll pay postage.haha 

Sorry to hear about your back trouble and I will look back on your post about the rings found.

You be careful down in Florida they things that will eat you. We don’t have a problem like that but we got mesquites that’s big in south Texas you have to be careful of. If over a hundred pounds no problem but keep a eye on the kids.

Chuck 

I know several who own two AQ’s. No jail time so far lol.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Oh my! 1

On 2/23/2021 at 5:55 PM, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

As far as the discrimination side of the AQ.... My opinion. Keep the Nox. One reason I keep the excalibur, there are places I will not even try to hunt using the AQ. And maybe I'm not experienced enough but when you go into a spot you really want to make the best of it. I just feel the Nox or a Good VLF can be more time efficient. Give me a couple of years and maybe I will feel different but that is me right now....The AQ is just a Deep Pi for me,... great some beach's and others the Excal rules....

In order to learn the AQ, I have taken to some beaches where the Nox performs great. You don't want to do dry sand or even the slope at the beaches with the AQ. You will spend to much time digging everything and even smaller pieces of metal than what the Nox can hit and a deeper depth. I have used the discrimination mode on the AQ to avoid some targets but there are to many bits of aluminum pull tabs or can slaw that cannot be discriminated out. As a test, I put a gold ring and rusty nail over each other and you can hear the gold ring and not the nail. This was a controlled test. In general in discrimination mode, if it doesn't discriminate it will provide the high tone. I do need to test it more to confirm my findings and also adjust the REJECT control. 95 percent of the 50 hours has been in ALL METAL.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, CCadrin said:

In order to learn the AQ, I have taken to some beaches where the Nox performs great. You don't want to do dry sand or even the slope at the beaches with the AQ. You will spend to much time digging everything and even smaller pieces of metal than what the Nox can hit and a deeper depth. I have used the discrimination mode on the AQ to avoid some targets but there are to many bits of aluminum pull tabs or can slaw that cannot be discriminated out. As a test, I put a gold ring and rusty nail over each other and you can hear the gold ring and not the nail. This was a controlled test. In general in discrimination mode, if it doesn't discriminate it will provide the high tone. I do need to test it more to confirm my findings and also adjust the REJECT control. 95 percent of the 50 hours has been in ALL METAL.

March I hope to have more time to where I can study the Disc side of this machine. It does work but I'm just not confident enough to take the chance. Carolina does very good in the Tones mode....something I need to work on too..

• Like 5

34 minutes ago, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

March I hope to have more time to where I can study the Disc side of this machine. It does work but I'm just not confident enough to take the chance. Carolina does very good in the Tones mode....something I need to work on too..

At the beginning of the video, why does it get a signal over the empty pipe?

• Like 1

The AQ has power, no doubting that but a true depth test must;

1. Be a blind test where a targets location is unknown to the operator

2. Have no “false positives” in the general search area

3. Preferably not have a one way signal

4. Have a sweep speed that represents a realistic hunt

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Badger-NH said:

At the beginning of the video, why does it get a signal over the empty pipe?

Too quick a delay for the sand/saltwater or other settings relevant to sensitivity.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1