Is that state of Illinois?

Regardless, Welcome EWCoinhunter!  Maybe a little more geographic focussing in would help, but you don't need to give your exact location (note that I don't).  What is your coin hunting experience?  Do you have a detector (or more) and if so, which ones?

Welcome EW, Hope you enjoy the site for all it's worth. Plenty of info and great finds on DP. I'm looking forward to your insight and comments.

EWC, I am also from ILLINOIS and would like to know which part you are from.

I am in central Illinois about 45 miles South of Springfield.

Welcome aboard to the best forum on the net and please share some of your insights and adventures with us.

• Like 1

Welcome aboard .

If you've found any gold , would you mind sending me a map with an X marking the spot ?

Arrrrrrrrrrrr , just kiddin'!  Just postin' a pic or tellin' the tale will do .....

May all yer beeps be yellow...

• Haha 2
On 2/24/2021 at 12:50 AM, Valens Legacy said:

EWC, I am also from ILLINOIS and would like to know which part you are from.

I am in central Illinois about 45 miles South of Springfield.

Welcome aboard to the best forum on the net and please share some of your insights and adventures with us.

I am in the NE part in Round Lake, not far from Gurnee.

• Like 1
On 2/27/2021 at 11:29 AM, wltdwiz said:

howdy

im originally from Chicago but have been in the west for 45 years i hate snow lol

welcome to the fourm

I love the snow and lived in Montana for a spell, sure miss it out there. Hope to retire there when the time comes.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• By pasju
      Hello,
      I am new to the gold prospecting topic. Unfortunately there are almost no forums or websites with gold prospecting related content in Germany due to the fact that areas where it is possible to find gold are relatively rare compared to the USA.
      Actually I am looking to pan some gold in the creeks near my village. I am just trying to find a tiny bit of gold in order to proof if the old "tales" in my village about the gold which was found in the small creeks of the so called "blackcreeksystem" (part to the Eder river) nearby  are true or not.
      Due to the fact that I haven't been lucky so far, I am now looking to get some tips about how to do it right and how to improve my DIY equipment.
    • By johnt
      i am brand new to metal detecting. used  my detector once at a small park in the town i live in. had a couple of targets one was a pulltab the other i couldn't get out of the ground. i realy want to get into the detecting bug but not sure how to find out who owns property that looks promising and asr realy old. any help would be awsome.
    • By Passin Thru
      Howdy Gents,
      First i wanna thank Steve,for birthin this baby,And all the rest of ya that have contributed info,as a fng with new found burnin fever to find Things,Which seems the Easy part,as ive got more questions now than when i started😁 i had no hope of ever stumbling onto such a site as this. Ive been diggin only since Plandemic "Lockdowns" began. Im pretty sure this site is my best find yet👍👍 i started readin about 4.30 pm yest and finally got around to creating an account about 3.30am this morn. I hadnt hardly clicked verification email an started coffee when i lost internet. Damdest thing is im sure i learned more in those few hours then i couldve Ever learned on my own But,my initial goal was to figure out which detector was gonna give me biggest bang for buck,so what i learned,was as usual,what i Assumed was All wrong😁 ive literally went from garret at max thru amfibio an nox 600 an back an forth thru the at pro an gold an considering Whites,when i stumbled onto F5 an that was dam near it,Then i saw the thread about Bounty Hunter 3300 for 99 bucks and Steve and several others musings on that subject. I was then considering just gitn a F5 with smaller coil an gitn another 4"coil for this here Canslaw poptop killer i already have and just learnin how to make it run or Bust😁 im a greenhorn but i think now,but i digress🤣 that it would mebbe behoove me to mebbe just coupla more buttons or knobs to play with🤔 Dammedifiknow. Ok lifes short and ive got lots of mistakes yet to make so, Im gonna just shutup and listen as ive dug buckets of junk and few ihp,s few silvers an 1 buffalo bunches of brass an few pocketknives. Probably enuff half rotted stinkin lincolns to buy that 99 buck bounty hounter. My problem and naggin fear is Im missin and or leavin stuff because of such trashy areas. I do appreciate greatly Any knowledge yall care to share,i really would like a lil upgrade but i want to know how to use the things. Im very aware a 5grand machine same with rifle isnt gonna make Meat where there is none. I do think from amount of junk and age of some of it,theres more to b had? 
      Im Brian and im situated in southern Mississippi not far from coast.
      Thanks,😁 I Think,once again for mebbe feeding a new addiction. 
      Fair winds Following seas my brothers from other mothers. Lets see where this adventure leads.✌
    • By Robilard
      Hello from the Bay Area. I'm glad I found this site. Looks like a wealth of knowledge and experience, not to mention the great amount of information available here. I've been prospecting and metal detecting for a couple years, so I'm still deep in the learning phase of my hobby. I'll be getting a new Gold Monster 1000, so I'll pay close attention to the articles and forum threads I run across on the topic. 
    • By els1
      Greetings from United states. I have been surfing the net lately and from what I have looked at here this would be a nice play to hangout,  I joined the forum, so that I would be able to get as much info as possible, and you all seem to enjoy sharing what knowledge you have with other, judging by the posts I`ve read so far since I have been looking. I hope to learn from others as well as contribute in any way I can. Thank you!

• By J.Lee
      Hi all my name is Jeff from Southwest Georgia. I’m new to metal detecting and have a Garrett Ace Apex on the way. Hopefully I’ll be able to learn a lot from all the more experienced members here.