Got up to 60 today, one of those insane days where it starts out cold (35) and a warm front comes through. Just coins and relics today, but some firsts.

Of interest is the smallest button I have found yet, I have dug about 100 of them in the last 4 months in this field. It's only 3/8 inch! Third one from the left in the photo. Testament to the Equinox ability to find really small stuff, but the tiny thing next to the wheat penny came in at a strong 18, I have no idea what it is. 3 Tombacs, one is concave and one is the first cast one I have found.

Wheat penny is a 1941. The large bullet is a .45-70 bullet probably fired from an 1873 Springfield "Trapdoor". At first I thought it was Civil war era, but it isn't. I found a .45-70 shell a while back.

I think the item second from left top row is a Schrader valve wrench, I remember them when I was young. You could also use it as a valve stem cap. Small square nut made of copper and a watch crown. It was great to get out in some "decent" February weather!

20210223_193458.jpg

• Like 7

The old buttons are really neat.   The cap does look like an older Schafer valve cap.  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, CVISChris said:

The old buttons are really neat.   The cap does look like an older Schafer valve cap.  

Thanks! They're the most plentiful object I find here, most are pre-1800. Coins are scarce, but usually interesting. Don't think many people here back then had two nickels to rub together, so that's why I never find two in one day! 😀

• Like 1