The Man Got Rewarded For Being Generous To Our Club

• The title was changed to The Man Got Rewarded For Being Generous To Our Club

Love hearing stories like this, as it helps us who metal detect parks and beaches.

Some places won't allow it now, so when I hear things like this I share them with the local politicians just like my grandfather did.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Valens Legacy said:

Love hearing stories like this, as it helps us who metal detect parks and beaches.

Some places won't allow it now, so when I hear things like this I share them with the local politicians just like my grandfather did.

I have  probably   taken  a 1000 pounds of junk out of the beaches in all these years  as opposed  to the many people who are polluters     on  our beaches.I think there is a $1000 fine for those who throw junk in the water but very few ever get caught.One of our thin but very long beach looks like a junkyard after a long hit weekend.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Dances With Doves said:

I have  probably   taken  a 1000 pounds of junk out of the beaches in all these years  as opposed  to the many people who are polluters     on  our beaches.I think there is a $1000 fine for those who throw junk in the water but very few ever get caught.One of our thin but very long beach looks like a junkyard after a long hit weekend.

I hear you on the junk. I remember telling a lady that stopped me and ask about my success on the beach, that this is what beach detecting is usually. I told her it was mostly a junk day today and she was shocked at the amount of pointed iron, bottle caps, fish hooks, etc... that I had found. My last words to her were that I was an unofficial, unpaid sanitation worker 😄

• Like 7