It's tough to get a handle on a new machine even though a user may have a lot of experience. You did a great job not messing with his settings and just trying it out.  I think your observations are spot on about the machine as it was set. Also spot on are your observations on how long it really takes to completely feel comfortable learning a new machine. It's a never ending process. If you had that machine for 6-12 months and used it regularly, I bet you would get it to work for most of your hunting encounters.  Also, they make a tall man's shaft for it now too.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, schoolofhardNox said:

It's tough to get a handle on a new machine even though a user may have a lot of experience. You did a great job not messing with his settings and just trying it out.  I think your observations are spot on about the machine as it was set. Also spot on are your observations on how long it really takes to completely feel comfortable learning a new machine. It's a never ending process. If you had that machine for 6-12 months and used it regularly, I bet you would get it to work for most of your hunting encounters.  Also, they make a tall man's shaft for it now too.

Thanks ! For only 15 minutes , I got the idea of it. Yes , it felt a bit flimsy being fully extended. But then again , even if it was solid and sturdy , I think this machine is designed specifically to go slow. I can go super fast with my DF , but I will also miss the really deep faints in doing so...

• Like 3

KOB, thanks for that report and thanks for not making a YouTube video..........

I have also been a longtime PI user and there just aren't any easy ones. They take tons of hours to get used to and especially to optimize for different conditions. Even the Minelab SDC 2300 is not that easy to get the hang of especially if you are like me and absolutely hated the unstable threshold. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1