Gold Rush Relics From California Part 3.

1 hour ago, Tiftaaft said:

Curious, what did that Bust TID, and how deep?

Well I’m not sure.  My wife found it with her detector.   She thought it was a slug and was going to toss it.  We got that thought cleared from her head.  She is on board now.  

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Tom_in_CA said:

Yup.  The off-center shield is the tell-tale bust dime.  Congratz !   Not easy to find Bust coins in CA

Your buckle is rare and valuable.   Here you go, thanx to Max Bell's great book:  Here's the description of your buckle @ the 6th picture down :

005.jpg

004.jpg

Hi Tom,  I emailed Max and have a copy of his book on the way.  

• Like 1

Chris, glad to hear that you've bought the book.   It's guys like that who do a lot for our hobby, and deserve support.   Whenever compendiums like that are made, it actually spurs the interest among buyers and sellers and hunters.   And in this day and age of the internet, it's hard to make $ off going through all the effort of compiling such info into a book.   Since, let's be honest, people will eventually get it digital somehow, which lowers book sales (one unfortunate aspect of the net, to any would-be-authors).   So thanks for getting his book, he deserves it.   Now go find some more so you can look up your future prizes !     And a shout out to anyone else @ finding G.R. buckles like this :  Get Max' book too !

Stunner of a gold coin - Been detecting for more than a couple years and I don't recall seeing a private issue gold coin found with a metal detector.  Huge congrats. 

And love the buckles  -  very cool 

Rich - 

• Like 1