Sandy Soil Custom Programs For XP Deus

Duran

What coil are you running?  Picking the right frequency is probably the most important thing.  If you understand what the settings do and how they affect performance, you really don’t need a custom program.  Start with Deus fast, adjust recovery speed to 2 or 2.5, unless super trashy and thick iron then crank to 3, use the default disc or increase it as high as 10 (disc at this level DOES NOT affect depth despite internet rumors to the contrary and helps with preventing TID downaveraging and gives more accurate ferrous/non-ferrous indication on the horseshoe display), and your favorite tone setup (I like pitch tones with some iron volume for relic hunting, full tones for coin shooting in can slaw and pull tabs).  Use 25-28 kHz as a good button, brass, lead, and gold mid-conductor relic frequency.  Lower it if you need more depth on higher conductors like silver.  HTH.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Yes the frequency is the only setting that I change on the field. I have a 9 HF white coil. 

- 14 khz for low iron trashed areas

- 30khz for high iron trashed areas.

- 50khz on ultra high iron trashed areas but I rarely use it  because of a too important loss of depth

5 tones or fulltones

HH...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Chase Goldman said:

What coil are you running?  Picking the right frequency is probably the most important thing.  If you understand what the settings do and how they affect performance, you really don’t need a custom program.  Start with Deus fast, adjust recovery speed to 2 or 2.5, unless super trashy and thick iron then crank to 3, use the default disc or increase it as high as 10 (disc at this level DOES NOT affect depth despite internet rumors to the contrary and helps with preventing TID downaveraging and gives more accurate ferrous/non-ferrous indication on the horseshoe display), and your favorite tone setup (I like pitch tones with some iron volume for relic hunting, full tones for coin shooting in can slaw and pull tabs).  Use 25-28 kHz as a good button, brass, lead, and gold mid-conductor relic frequency.  Lower it if you need more depth on higher conductors like silver.  HTH.

I’m running standard coil. I’ve been swinging Deus for about 3-4 months. I’m still green😄 I do understand what your saying though. Thanks

1 hour ago, Chase Goldman said:

By standard do you mean the x35 coil?  Just checking because the legacy LF coils can’t be operated above 18 kHz.  Anyway, good luck and dig some keepers!

Yes the x35

• Like 1