Sandy Soil Custom Programs For XP Deus

Duran

What coil are you running?  Picking the right frequency is probably the most important thing.  If you understand what the settings do and how they affect performance, you really don’t need a custom program.  Start with Deus fast, adjust recovery speed to 2 or 2.5, unless super trashy and thick iron then crank to 3, use the default disc or increase it as high as 10 (disc at this level DOES NOT affect depth despite internet rumors to the contrary and helps with preventing TID downaveraging and gives more accurate ferrous/non-ferrous indication on the horseshoe display), and your favorite tone setup (I like pitch tones with some iron volume for relic hunting, full tones for coin shooting in can slaw and pull tabs).  Use 25-28 kHz as a good button, brass, lead, and gold mid-conductor relic frequency.  Lower it if you need more depth on higher conductors like silver.  HTH.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Yes the frequency is the only setting that I change on the field. I have a 9 HF white coil. 

- 14 khz for low iron trashed areas

- 30khz for high iron trashed areas.

- 50khz on ultra high iron trashed areas but I rarely use it  because of a too important loss of depth

5 tones or fulltones

HH...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Chase Goldman said:

What coil are you running?  Picking the right frequency is probably the most important thing.  If you understand what the settings do and how they affect performance, you really don’t need a custom program.  Start with Deus fast, adjust recovery speed to 2 or 2.5, unless super trashy and thick iron then crank to 3, use the default disc or increase it as high as 10 (disc at this level DOES NOT affect depth despite internet rumors to the contrary and helps with preventing TID downaveraging and gives more accurate ferrous/non-ferrous indication on the horseshoe display), and your favorite tone setup (I like pitch tones with some iron volume for relic hunting, full tones for coin shooting in can slaw and pull tabs).  Use 25-28 kHz as a good button, brass, lead, and gold mid-conductor relic frequency.  Lower it if you need more depth on higher conductors like silver.  HTH.

I’m running standard coil. I’ve been swinging Deus for about 3-4 months. I’m still green😄 I do understand what your saying though. Thanks

1 hour ago, Chase Goldman said:

By standard do you mean the x35 coil?  Just checking because the legacy LF coils can’t be operated above 18 kHz.  Anyway, good luck and dig some keepers!

Yes the x35

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• By calabash digger
      We hit a Colonial site today that will be lost to development this week.  Sorry about the pics left the finds in my pouch. We are losing sites here at a very fast pace.

• By Tometusns
      I had a nice little surprise this afternoon. Our club meeting was this afternoon and I thought I’d go hunt for a while before the meeting.  I was glad I did. Nothing great but anything thing civil war left there are few  and far between. 
      I took the Deus and was using g Max then switching to 6 deep to check the target so nothing fancy just factory settings. There’s a lot of trash as you’d expect in a park. I was just playing but trying to learn if I could get any tell that would help in the decision to dig or not. This particular target sounded not bad but very similar to a lot of the other targets. However this time the line in the graph was better. I said to myself hmmm better check this out. Out popped a three ringer! I’m pretty sure this target had been hit before but nobody dug  it. Just a little extra info caused me to investigate and recover another mini from the 1861 battle here.

• By locator
      Wow. There was always a market for used Deus & ORX detectors for sure, and some prices made me think to want one, but since yesterday, I think when the Deus II news arrived even the last Deus users, there are so many new offerings for money I'D only pay for a brand new one with some goodies included. Think there will be a drastic price drop in the future.
      Hopefully the Deus II will have no glitches or issues like some other brands/models had in the past. So time will tell....
    • By palzynski
      Today I was invited by a friend for an outing on a 1st WW hospital in a plowed field. 
      After a few weeks testing the Apex , I decided to use my trusty XP Deus WS4 , this time with a brand new elliptical 9X5 HF coil instead of the 9 HF round coil that I have been using since several years now ... 
      Normally this elliptical coil is more designed for searching very small targets in the high iron trash and !I was curious to see how it will work for mili hunting ...
      Long story short , I spent around 2 hours in the field and I found 8 1st WW buttons , German and French including a very nice French Marine button with an anchor. Very happy with these finds 🙂 😹, it is unusual to find so many buttons during an outing here ...
      The 9 elliptical HF coil is excellent , it has a very good ground coverage because of its length and it is very easy to pinpoint the targets because of its narrow size. May be it is not the most powerful for depth but this has no real importance in a plowed field where the targets are mostly near the surface.
      This little coil is really a beast for field hunting , for me it is even better than the round HF coil and I wonder why I have never tried it before  ... 
      As usual the Deus audio is perfect , the iron filtering is great and the signals on targets are excellent . Definitely the best machine I have ever used for plowed field hunting 👍 ...

My settings were DEUS FAST nr 3 factory mode , 14khz , 5 tones 

A few 1st WW buttons ... :

The trash  :

The Deus WS4 wireless headphones , the elliptical 9X5 HF and the round 9 HF  :

• By brys
      thanks very welcome..need hammrered  pennys settings
    • By TexHunter
      I posted this on another site, but would like to hear more opinions.
      Like the title says, which is better for general coin /jewelry hunting in Parks, Ballfields, Playgrounds, School yards, etc., Deus or ORX? I know that the main problem with either is probably all the aluminum trash found today in those kinds of sites, and that most hunters probably wouldn't choose either one for that activity. Don't really want to hear about other, "better", units for hunting those sites, just which would be best between these two? Anxious to hear the opinions, and how you came to that conclusion...