Back At It

Cootiewap

Back at it after 20 yrs . Got me an AT PRO and Equinox 600 . My how things have changed ! Both of them are great 👍  went wireless on the Nox , thinking of doing the same on the Garrett. Gone to some of the old haunts and been killing it . Amazing how much stuff I missed with the older machines! I tend to favor the Nox . Only thing I'm having an issue with is finding pinpoint sweet spot .

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Cootiewap said:

Back at it after 20 yrs . Got me an AT PRO and Equinox 600 .

Welcome to the forum! There are a lot of very experienced and friendly people here.

I also have a Garrett (Ace 400) and an Equinox 600. Started 7 months ago. I hacked around with Bounty Hunters and others a long time ago, but have the bug now that I am retired.

I also prefer the Equinox to the Ace. I think it is the target interrogation capabilities the Equinox has.

As was recommended to me, get Andy Sabisch's book on the Equinox to get some great insight on how to use it effectively. Clive Clynick also has quite a few books out for beginner to advanced.

What sort of places do you hunt? Farms? Parks? Rivers or Beach? Post some photos of your finds!

• Like 1

Welcome aboard  Cootiewap ! 

Lots of info already posted here and just asking works too.

I joined up last fall and still have a long way to go to see it all.

(Be prepared to push your jaw back up after seeing some of the finds posted here !)

Happy detecting and good luck out there...........that sweet spot will reveal itself with time...passing over possible targets in more than one direction may be helpful.

I'm heading outside myself to test a bare spot on the ground and see if I can jam a shovel into it somehow.  

Snow is such a waste of good shoveling.............LOL

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cootiewap said:

Only thing I'm having an issue with is finding pinpoint sweet spot .

Welcome (back), Cootiewap!

Could you expound on what you mean by "finding pinpoint sweet spot?"

You may like the AT Pro for fresh water hunting in ponds etc. so hang onto those wired headphones. Wireless won't work when the control box is submerged. Recently snagged a Mars Tiger 10x13 for my AT Pro for fresh water hunting, did a little hunting on some shorelines when I first got it and it seems smoother and little deeper than the stock. Will let ya know how it works in the wet.

• Like 1

Welcome CW, Glad you got back into the game. Still lots of good stuff to be found, or this place wouldn't exist. Finding the sweet spot for your coil shouldn't take to long, Do an above ground test on some misc. items and put a dab O paint on the spot. I do that with all my coils just to keep me focused. We all are looking forward to your finds and input. Hope to hear some of your adventures soon.

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum CW and glad your back at it again.

Good luck and happy hunting.

Hello Coot,

Those two detectors should get you quite a bit! Happy your back at it! Show us some of the "killer" stuff you've been saving from a dirt nap!👍👍

• Like 2