On 2/26/2021 at 7:56 AM, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

Not to spill the beans, But you will want everything that comes with the New World AQ,  Thanks to Alexandre and The Team at First Texas. They have been watching this forum and addressed every detail. 

If it comes with waterproof headphones, why would I want those?

I'll probably want to go wireless.

Even if I did decide to go in the water, why can't I use what I have or choose what I want?

7 minutes ago, Badger-NH said:

If it comes with waterproof headphones, why would I want those?

I'll probably want to go wireless.

Even if I did want waterproof headphones, why can't I choose the ones I wont?

You can but you have to get a set made for you because of the special waterproof connector. I'm having a set made from Tony just to have a spare. Or....maybe just have someone make you an adapter for it so you can plug in any  1/8" or 1/4" set of headphones??

1 minute ago, schoolofhardNox said:

You can but you have to get a set made for you because of the special waterproof connector. I'm having a set made from Tony just to have a spare. Or....maybe just have someone make you an adapter for it so you can plug in any  1/8" or 1/4" set of headphones??

That totally blows.  Why can't they use a connector like the Equinox that accepts any headphones?

• Like 1

Tony just made me a set for the Nox last week! I tried them out yesterday! Very nice so far!👍👍

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Badger-NH said:

Cela souffle totalement. Pourquoi ne peuvent-ils pas utiliser un connecteur comme l'Equinox qui accepte tous les écouteurs?

Because we want to guarantee waterproofness, and apart from the SOURIAU brand, I don't see any other serious diving connector on the market with physics parameters that perform!
https://usa.souriau.com/en-en/products/connectors

• Like 3
6 minutes ago, Badger-NH said:

That totally blows.  Why can't they use a connector like the Equinox that accepts any headphones?

I guess because they designed it to be a machine that is used in and out of shallow water (10ft max), it would be impossible to use a quarter inch jack.  You can pick up a 5ft cable for around 10 bucks and have it wired into any headphones you like. That's what I'm doing and all I can think of. The Equinox and the CTX all had a special waterproof connector. To use standard headphones you have to use their module which increased the price of the equinox. I know a lot of people (me included) That do not use the Equinox adapter, I wire in or go wireless.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, ALEXANDRE TARTAR said:

Because we want to guarantee waterproofness, and apart from the SOURIAU brand, I don't see any other serious diving connector on the market with physics parameters that perform!

You can absolutely buy the SOURIAU connector on mouser or digikey. It's 30 USD

5 minutes ago, ALEXANDRE TARTAR said:

What model number does the Ltd use? And will it be the same one on the finished AQ?

Well, I sure hope they come out with a non-waterproof version of the AQ for the rest of us to use on the wet sand.  If not, they are passing up a huge part of the market. 

• Like 2
59 minutes ago, ALEXANDRE TARTAR said:

You can absolutely buy the SOURIAU connector on mouser or digikey. It's 30 USD

Do they make one that will work with a standard headphone jack?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• By mn90403
      Has anyone tried them with a metal detector?
      I came across an article which displayed some Bose audio sunglasses.  The concept was not something I had really considered but when you read about them they are built for athletes that need to be aware of their surroundings to avoid accidents.  We detect in areas where we need to avoid accidents and critters also so hearing outside of headphones is beneficial.  This would also have the potential of eliminating hot and or uncomfortable headphones for me in the desert.  I don't think they could work well at the beach with crashing waves.
      Maybe we can begin a review of these Bose and other audio sunglasses here.  Of course there would need to be some with LL and other technical specifications to work with our equipment but it could also be a new product idea for one of these companies. 

https://www.bose.com/en_us/products/frames/bose-frames-tempo.html#D61A74D4CFE947DB6685D4D8CE1982FC 
    • By Steve Herschbach
      It appears Fisher has shipped at least one AQ Limited off to Australia.
    • By Nokta Detectors
      Dear Valued Members,

We are adding 2 new headphones to our line-up.

1)NOKTA MAKRO KOSS HEADPHONES W/WATERPROOF CONNECTOR
      Compatible with all waterproof Nokta Makro Detectors – Kruzer/Anfibio/Simplex
      Allows the user to submerge the whole detector in water for shallow underwater hunting.
      (The headphones are not waterproof).

2)NOKTA MAKRO KOSS HEADPHONES W/6.3mm JACK – for land use

BOTH HEADPHONES HAVE IN-LINE VOLUME CONTROL, ADJUSTABLE HEADBAND and SPIRAL CABLE.

• By dbsmokey
      Last week,  I attempted to power on the ML 80 headphones I use with the Equinox 800.  I purchased these new in March 2019.  They would not power on.  I charged them:  the 3 red LEDs flash for about 10 minutes and then turn off, as if headphones were charged.  But, the headphones still will not power on.
      I attempted to contact my dealer and ML, but neither have yet responded.  Does anybody have any novel ideas to try, or troubleshooting, remedies?  I would greatly appreciate the help!

Thanks,
    • By Condor
      Over the years we've touched on the difference between High Impedance vs. Low Impedance headphones.  Historically, the headphones designed for detecting have been High Impedance, and all were equipped with 1/4 inch headphone plug.   Everyone developed a preference for their brand because of the way they fit and sound.  These days more detectors are set up for the 1/8 inch headphone plugs and a few detecting headphones have offered that choice.  The technology is clearly moving away from all wired headphones in favor of wireless.  The market is really directed at music and communication devices, not detecting.  I'm just curious how the impedance issue affects the newer technology.  The latency of wireless is a completely separate discussion, but may be necessary to understand the importance of Impedance.  
      I have always used in ear monitors rather than over the ear headphones.  It's just more practical in the desert environment of sunny Yuma.  The majority of "ear buds" for lack of a better term are low impedance designed for listening to music on low powered handheld players.  The high impedance ear monitors are available but quite expensive.  The GPZ tends to overpower el cheapo ear buds and produces a really unpleasant sound. 
      My question is twofold: what was our understanding of the importance of Impedance in the old days with wired headphones and how/if that has changed with wireless.   
    • By schoolofhardNox
      Went out to 2 different beaches for a mix of GPX and AQ hunting. Tony repaired my headphones for the AQ and also made me a spare set , along with 2 short cables, so I could zip tie the short cable to the machine, and so I would not break the M8 connector. The short cable also converts the M8 to an M12, a more robust connector going to the headphones. So, for the first AQ hunt in a while, I chose my “spot” to see if I could find any low conductors where the GPX had previously run the 18” DD coil. I did not find any coins in that area, but did find little bits of melted copper and lead. So, I ventured out a bit and found the silver Washington quarter,Mercury dime and all the rest of the other coins.  I Later met up with a forum member - Jim in ma, at one of his spots. Thanks for the invite up there. 👍 I used the GPX to see if I could replicate the depth and coin count that I have had previously at my silver beach. This beach was smaller in the dry sand area, but the EMI was considerably less. The sand structure was different too, as I did not hit a clay layer or any of the other layers I was used to. But the principle was the same, and I did score a decent number of coins including the Mercury,  silver war nickel & .925 ring. All in all, it was a fun time out.