On 2/26/2021 at 7:56 AM, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

Not to spill the beans, But you will want everything that comes with the New World AQ,  Thanks to Alexandre and The Team at First Texas. They have been watching this forum and addressed every detail. 

If it comes with waterproof headphones, why would I want those?

I'll probably want to go wireless.

Even if I did decide to go in the water, why can't I use what I have or choose what I want?

7 minutes ago, Badger-NH said:

If it comes with waterproof headphones, why would I want those?

I'll probably want to go wireless.

Even if I did want waterproof headphones, why can't I choose the ones I wont?

You can but you have to get a set made for you because of the special waterproof connector. I'm having a set made from Tony just to have a spare. Or....maybe just have someone make you an adapter for it so you can plug in any  1/8" or 1/4" set of headphones??

1 minute ago, schoolofhardNox said:

You can but you have to get a set made for you because of the special waterproof connector. I'm having a set made from Tony just to have a spare. Or....maybe just have someone make you an adapter for it so you can plug in any  1/8" or 1/4" set of headphones??

That totally blows.  Why can't they use a connector like the Equinox that accepts any headphones?

• Like 1

Tony just made me a set for the Nox last week! I tried them out yesterday! Very nice so far!👍👍

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Badger-NH said:

Cela souffle totalement. Pourquoi ne peuvent-ils pas utiliser un connecteur comme l'Equinox qui accepte tous les écouteurs?

Because we want to guarantee waterproofness, and apart from the SOURIAU brand, I don't see any other serious diving connector on the market with physics parameters that perform!
https://usa.souriau.com/en-en/products/connectors

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Badger-NH said:

That totally blows.  Why can't they use a connector like the Equinox that accepts any headphones?

I guess because they designed it to be a machine that is used in and out of shallow water (10ft max), it would be impossible to use a quarter inch jack.  You can pick up a 5ft cable for around 10 bucks and have it wired into any headphones you like. That's what I'm doing and all I can think of. The Equinox and the CTX all had a special waterproof connector. To use standard headphones you have to use their module which increased the price of the equinox. I know a lot of people (me included) That do not use the Equinox adapter, I wire in or go wireless.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ALEXANDRE TARTAR said:

Because we want to guarantee waterproofness, and apart from the SOURIAU brand, I don't see any other serious diving connector on the market with physics parameters that perform!

You can absolutely buy the SOURIAU connector on mouser or digikey. It's 30 USD

5 minutes ago, ALEXANDRE TARTAR said:

What model number does the Ltd use? And will it be the same one on the finished AQ?

Well, I sure hope they come out with a non-waterproof version of the AQ for the rest of us to use on the wet sand.  If not, they are passing up a huge part of the market. 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, ALEXANDRE TARTAR said:

You can absolutely buy the SOURIAU connector on mouser or digikey. It's 30 USD

Do they make one that will work with a standard headphone jack?

• The title was changed to Impulse AQ Alternate Headphones