56 minutes ago, Badger-NH said:

Well, I sure hope they come out with a non-waterproof version of the AQ for the rest of us to use on the wet sand.  If not, they are passing up a huge part of the market. 

What in the world ? What makes you think the present AQ can’t be used on dry, damp, & wet sand ? I use Pro Gold phones & Killer B’s on my AQ on damp, wet, and up to chest deep. I have not met anyone as of yet that is diving with the AQ. Alexandre is giving out privileged information as to a certain change coming. Any phones can be wired to any connector period. It’s like he says, they are trying to make this detector as water proof as possible.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Badger-NH said:

That totally blows.  Why can't they use a connector like the Equinox that accepts any headphones?

My Equinox uses a waterproof M12 connector same as the CTX. Only a few phones comes with that. I think your thinking of a patch cable M12 to 1/8 or 1/4 jack. The same could be done with the AQ.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Carolina said:

What in the world ? What makes you think the present AQ can’t be used on dry, damp, & wet sand ? I use Pro Gold phones & Killer B’s on my AQ on damp, wet, and up to chest deep. I have not met anyone as of yet that is diving with the AQ. Alexandre is giving out privileged information as to a certain change coming. Any phones can be wired to any connector period. It’s like he says, they are trying to make this detector as water proof as possible.

I never said it could not be used on the wet sand.  It's just that the waterproofing is proving to be an unnecessary hassle and raises the price.

Not only are we forced to buy headphones we don't want, but if we choose to use normal headphones, we have to find someone to wire a special connector to them.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Carolina said:

My Equinox uses a waterproof M12 connector same as the CTX. Only a few phones comes with that. I think your thinking of a patch cable M12 to 1/8 or 1/4 jack. The same could be done with the AQ.

Any 1/8th inch headphone jack will plug into the Equinox.  I plug in my waterproof ear buds when it rains or when it's too hot for big headphones.  No special connector required. 

If the AQ had this type of connector, I could use any headphones or even use the Trond Bluetooth transmitter and go wireless.

• Like 2

Yes, it would have been nice to have a wet and dry use connector like the Nox's! Maybe it did not meet the standards wanted for the AQ, which is most likely the case, according to my interpretation of Alexandre's statement! In this way, there is never a risk of water entering through the connector, unlike the Nox, if you get it wet with a regular 1/8 male plug!

Instead of changing the headphones cord, I like the idea of an adapter, to keep them intact for other detectors!! 👍👍

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Badger-NH said:

Any 1/8th inch headphone jack will plug into the Equinox.  I plug in my waterproof ear buds when it rains or when it's too hot for big headphones.  No special connector required. 

If the AQ had this type of connector, I could use the Trond Bluetooth transmitter and have wireless headphones.

Some years ago I asked the same questions... ............. I often wondered why Minelab never kept the same CTX M-12 8 pin fitting for the Nox? It worked fine on the CTX and everyone who had the most used water proof fitting on after market head phones could have had them for the Nox. Instead everyone was forced to purchase the yellows or aftermarket phones with the new 1/8 WP plug. And this is 2 water proof detectors from the same company that could have used the same fitting.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

Some years ago I asked the same questions... ............. I often wondered why Minelab never kept the same CTX M-12 8 pin fitting for the Nox? It worked fine on the CTX and everyone who had the most used water proof fitting on after market head phones could have had them for the Nox. Instead everyone was forced to purchase the yellows or aftermarket phones with the new 1/8 WP plug. And this is 2 water proof detectors from the same company that could have used the same fitting.

Why you ask ? Because that would make too much sense ! 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Joe D. said:

Instead of changing the headphones cord, I like the idea of an adapter, to keep them intact for other detectors!! 👍👍

That's it!  A simple adapter to connect to the AQ would solve the whole problem.  The adapter would have the same connection as the waterproof headphones but it would allow you to plug any non-waterproof headphones or bluetooth transmitter into it.  It should come with the AQ. 

• Like 2

That's it!  A simple adapter to connect to the AQ would solve the whole problem.  The adapter would have the same connection as the waterproof headphones but it would allow you to plug any non-waterproof headphones or bluetooth transmitter into it.  It should come with the AQ. 

So a simple headphone jack adapter makes it all worth $2800? Um, ok. [Quite a turnaround from your first post in this thread...]

image.png

image.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I know this is going to come back and bite me in the Axx for sharing ..:rolleyes:...:biggrin:...:ohmy:

Those Fisher Boys don't miss a trick!

vv.jpg

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

• The title was changed to Impulse AQ Alternate Headphones