Now that is instant gratification at it's best! Problem solved!😂👍👍

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Chase Goldman said:

So a simple headphone jack adapter makes it all worth $2800? Um, ok. [Quite a turnaround from your first post in this thread...]image.pngimage.png

No, it has nothing to do with whether its worth the price.  A headphone jack adapter would simply allow you to use any headphones which is a good thing.  I guess we got sidetracked from the original topic.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

I know this is going to come back and bite me in the Axx for sharing ..:rolleyes:...:biggrin:...:ohmy:

Those Fisher Boys don't miss a trick!

vv.jpg

Ok. Now this is getting funny. I can tell you're holding back way too much , chomping at the bit , wanting to spill the beans ...but you are scared...well , THE KOB is here to tell you......YOU OWN FISHER !🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 5

20 minutes ago, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

I know this is going to come back and bite me in the Axx for sharing ..:rolleyes:...:biggrin:...:ohmy:

Those Fisher Boys don't miss a trick!

vv.jpg

Yeah, that looks like it might work, as long as a standard 1/8th inch jack will work with it.

• Like 2

Laughter keeps you healthy and alive longer to hunt for more gold!👍👍

• Like 3

On 2/26/2021 at 6:21 PM, Badger-NH said:

Any 1/8th inch headphone jack will plug into the Equinox.  I plug in my waterproof ear buds when it rains or when it's too hot for big headphones.  No special connector required. 

If the AQ had this type of connector, I could use any headphones or even use the Trond Bluetooth transmitter and go wireless.

I guess we all are looking for something a little different.  But ... the machine needs to be waterproof on a salt water beach.  Here in the gulf a lot of the beaches only have about 10 yards of wet sand.  IN THE WATER is where this machine was expected to shine by being deeper and more sensitive to gold than our VLFs.   There is considerably MORE sand to cover IN the water than wet which would limit the use and frankly make the machine less attractive at the currently discussed price.  It would really make it a niche machine most of us would pass on.

9 hours ago, dewcon4414 said:

I guess we all are looking for something a little different.  But ... the machine needs to be waterproof on a salt water beach.  Here in the gulf a lot of the beaches only have about 10 yards of wet sand.  IN THE WATER is where this machine was expected to shine by being deeper and more sensitive to gold than our VLFs.   There is considerably MORE sand to cover IN the water than wet which would limit the use and frankly make the machine less attractive at the currently discussed price.  It would really make it a niche machine most of us would pass on.

In NH we have over 100 yards of wet sand.  There is no point in detecting in the water because the negative tides allow us to access another 50 feet beyond that for a few days each month. That's why we don't need the detector to be submersible.  Believe me, if it was worth our time to be in the water, we would be out there.

Here's a sky shot of one of our local beaches at low tide. It's packed with people in the summer.  There are four centuries of history on our beaches.  Lots of very old coins, rings and relics have been found.

https://goo.gl/maps/MsHrHUweimQPc3jC9

7 minutes ago, Badger-NH said:

In NH we have 100 yards of wet sand.  There is not point in detecting in the water because the negative tides allow us to access another 50 feet beyond that for a few days each month. That's why we don't need the detector to be waterproof.  Believe me, if it was worth our time to be in the water, we would be out there.

Huh ? Do you ever lay your detector on the ground ? Has it fallen ? I know there is wind , salt spray , etc. I have never heard of your logic like this before. You're never near the water ?

1 hour ago, King-Of-Bling said:

Huh ? Do you ever lay your detector on the ground ? Has it fallen ? I know there is wind , salt spray , etc. I have never heard of your logic like this before. You're never near the water ?

I used the Explorer SE on the wet sand for over a decade and never had a problem. Before that I used a White's that wasn't waterproof. The Multi frequency Explorer was made for detecting the wet sand. Setting it down on the sand isn't going to hurt it. I often waded out to knee deep with mine. Lots of people did this  I'm perfectly capable of walking in the water without falling. The Explorer and Safari were a common sight on our wet beaches up until the Equinox came along.  I don't know what you're talking about.

Most of our beach hunters are also avid relic hunters so it makes sense to have a detector that will do both.

15 minutes ago, Badger-NH said:

I used the Explorer SE on the wet sand for over a decade and never had a problem. The Explorer was made for detecting the wet sand. The Explorer and Safari were a common sight on our wet beaches before the Equinox came along. I often waded out to knee deep with mine. Lots of people did this  I'm perfectly capable of walking in the water without falling.  I don't know what you're talking about.

We got 1 thing in common : we both don't know what the other is talking about. All these people with those machines in knee deep water , never get them wet. I go knee deep often. Mine gets wet from waves crashing , wind blowing salt mist , etc. Plenty of times on the bottom slope I'm hit by waves. Totally drenched. I don't have to drop mine in the water for it to get wet. I can't believe you don't care about waterproofing on the beaches you guys hunt.

• The title was changed to Impulse AQ Alternate Headphones