Gold Rush Relics And Coins From California Part 4

Wow! California Territorial $5 gold coin. That's a great find and probably worth a good 7k or so depending on what it grades at.

• Like 1

Another fantastic hunt for you.

Keep up the good work and happy hunting.

Very rare coin. 🤔 you really may have something there. Recommend PCGS?

https://www.pcgs.com/coinfacts/coin/1849-5-moffat/10240

Be very careful about cleaning it anymore. 🙂

• Like 1

I'm out of descriptive words Chris.  Ok... how about this one... Phenomenal.  Value aside (up to $7K?😲), that California gold coin may be one of the coolest things I've ever seen come out of the ground - and it appears to be in incredible condition... very defined detail from what the picture shows.  I think I would be taking a vacation from work, and camping out at this site you have.  Thanks for letting us all live vicariously through your finds.  ~Tim

• Like 1

Way to go !

That goldie  looks incredibly nice.

Don't put an X on any map with that location. At least before you go over it a few more times !

Ohh , I just saw you keep bees. I think I might know where you hid that coin ! 😜

• Like 1

Oh my gosh.  I am sick sick sick.  Is this the site that gave up the other buckles and the seated quarter , that you posted on 2/15 ?   And now a gold coin (private mint no less) and a large cent ??

Sheesk, are you SURE your wife won't allow you to invite others to your site ??  After all, I'm way overdue for my 17th gold coin !  🤣  And even though I've seen two CA private mint gold coins turn up within my circle of friends, I've never found a private mint gold coin myself.   Your heart bleeds for me, right ?  All of my 16 have been boring USA mints  🤪   

C'mon dude, the beers on me.  You're only 2 hours away.  We'll hog-swap site tips !  I'll scotch tape a zinc penny to the bottom of my coil to handicap myself.  Ok ?  😆

You're killing it alright, wow three rare finds in one outing!! 

The private mint $5 gold coin is out of this world, congrats on that!
Largies, which not typically numistically valuable, are as rare as finding a gold coin in the West.  I know people that have found more gold coins then largies, and some folks that have found multiple gold coins and no largies (like myself ha ha).

Congratulations, I'd dig anything that made a peep at that site, there's bound to be more 👍

• Like 2