Just An Observation... Mom And Pop Fisher Dealers Seem To Be Going Away

If this observation represents a move away from dealers and ramping up big box stock, it might be a smart move to free up some capital, but I don’t like it as a long term solution. My own experience has been that big box store employees know the least about the metal detectors compared with the rest of their sporting goods, but they do know that what sells and what doesn’t given some time on the shelves. Sales can’t be what they once were, or if they are, it’s hard to see that trend continuing as competition has really ramped up both in terms of performance and price. Fisher especially needs to make a showing very soon. I can’t believe they haven’t up to now aside from a pulse platform. We are seeing formerly fisher branded product shifted down to bounty hunter. I hope that’s a sign that something is coming soon. I love the brand, so I keep a vigilant eye on any hint of a new flagship. If it has us all selling our equinox’s for it as Geotech hopes, it’ll move for anyone holding stock from mom and pop, direct, to sporting goods sections. I’d hate to see small dealers go away. They not only tend to be detectorists themselves, but truly enjoy helping others. 

• Like 2