Prospecting Partner Available

teeau

Thanks for joining in teeau but a wee bit more information might be helpful in finding good prospecting partners. Things like what type of prospecting are you interested in, what is your idea of remote, approximate age, approximate age mentally, do you bring extra beer and do you have a sense of humor.

I agree with Klunker:) to expand on that, Do you have good luck?

My wife has nixed any of my metal detecting prospecting trips unless I go with someone. So I'm always looking for other prospectors.

With the situation in NorCal, the way it is now, all you will be able to do is pan or go ground fishing. Yup, they are inch by inch shutting it all down, stealing land and putting insurmountable rules and regulations in front of anyone who attempts to gain access to public (opps, I meant Federal) lands.

• Like 4

beardog, I hear that. Here in Nevada they have added numerous Wilderness Study Areas to many of the mountain ranges, mostly about 20+ years ago I'd say. These areas were under study to possibly become Wilderness Areas and have been evaluated by BLM, Forest Service etc experts and were open to public comment at one time. I've done some research on a number of these areas and found that the expert doing the evaluation recommended that the area NOT be made a Wilderness Area. Yet, all of these lands remain as a study area and have the same restrictions as a full fledged wilderness. If they aren't going to make them a wilderness, I wish they would release the lands back to BLM and the Forest Service and remove the wilderness restrictions. I read one time that when they made these study designations, it was not approved by congress and some say it was done illegally since it wasn't approved by them.

Just a heads up, you can stake claims, prospect, and mine in WSA's. Just can't do it if it gets redesignated as an actual Wilderness unless you are grandfathered in.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but when I checked into a while back that was the case, haven't heard of any new laws that would change it.