Two Months On Impulse Repair.... So Far

On 2/15/2021 at 8:41 PM, cobill said:

I'm still #7 on the list for the AQ Limited and tried to ask if they were still being produced...no answer!

Bill

Not to be a "Debbie Downer" but be careful what you wish for. My AQ has been at FT for repair since they received it on January 4th of this year. Almost 2 months now. I would have thought that FT would be more responsive and obligatory to those who got the Limited and needed repair. 

• Like 5
  • Oh my! 4

Do I still love my AQ? Absolutely! I just want it back.

• Like 2

Like me I had one of the first 200 TDI’s and I love it but after about two months it went south as in not working correctly. I sent it in and the turn around time was great but still had the same problem. So back again and again it came back with the same problem . It went back again for the third time but I called Jimmy Sierra and they them a new one . That’s the way they fixed.

Chuck 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Elbert said:

Agreed. Have you checked with them about why it is taking so long  to repair it? BTW, what was the problem with it?

Good luck,

El

A couple of responses on the repair... Things move slowly here... and...  It is taking this long to make sure we return a functional unit.   

Problem.. Volume control no longer worked properly and I had them check an irregularity when switching from tone to the all metal mode function.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

• Like 1

Very Sorry to hear, My opinion they should give those who go thru this long wait retribution by extending the warranty. I can see 3 to 4 weeks but 2 months ??  Come on Fisher... Respond please. 

I remember about 4 or 5 years ago the Minelab repair center Kelly Co had machines for over 6 months. Keith Leppert took on the job of the New repair center and now if they have your machine more then 2 weeks it is rare.

• Like 6

30 minutes ago, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

I can see 3 to 4 weeks but 2 months ??  Come on Fisher... Respond please. 

That's for sure Joe. I would think that Fisher would want to rectify any problems quickly, especially with a brand new product release.  

I feel it's disrespectful on their part to act this way. I didn't pester them with progress questions and only contacted them after 6 weeks had gone by.

• Like 2
  • Oh my! 2

I had a dealer drop ship a detector from Fisher and when I got it part of the shaft was not in the box. I called them and said what my problem was . He said he’d ship it . Week later it came but wrong part. Called again talked with same guy and went telling what was missing. Got it but wrong again. The trouble was with shipping so the third time he went and ship it himself. All took over a month and when I got it I sold it. I’m not sure if I’ll buy from Fisher again. If I do I don’t want it drop ship.

This was long before all this mask 😷 started.

Chuck 

• Like 1

What a nightmare. Not anything THE KOB wants to go through. Maybe in July they will just send you the "new" version.🤣. I still have the door ajar on purchasing 1 way down the road after results come in. But this is a HUGE red flag , again ! My 15 minutes with it and other reviews definitely show there are some issues with the detector itself. Y'all know my thoughts on their marketing and hype. It is what it is. BUT customer communication and response could be the kill shot for me.

• Like 1