Minelab Gold Monster Is Junk

Aureous

4 hours ago, Aureous said:

The GM1000 struggles in most Oz goldfield conditions and needs to be used only in very mild ground. The digital audio overcompensates and produces way too many clicks and pops which resemble a target....the GB2, Gold Kruzer and the 24K all have analogue type audio with a smooth threshold tone and mineralization noise is far easier to discern. When you have to dumb a detector down to below 50% gain to cope with even moderate mineralization, I figure its not for me. Gerry is right, I know my detectors enuff to know what to expect from a unit and if it aint right for me, I move on and choose another. So glad I chose the 24K! But having said that, my modded 4500 is killing it for me right now...

Good to hear your modded 45 is doing it's job, I had a modded 3500 & I liked it because I had control over the gain, the best coil for it was the Detech 11" spiral... just turn the gain down a little and away you go, it was very sensitive to tiny bits. Very quite and stable at the same time. One thing I will ad is my 3500 handled EMI better then my 5K which pissed me off to be honest. Ok back to modded 45's... I met a couple up at Kondoparinga Station who had a modded 45 done in VIC & it was a disaster, it couldn't be used unless it was in enhance. Not sure what was wrong with it but old mate was very disappointed to say the least. I believe it was going back to be fixed for a 2nd time!!. I love my 5K & in my opinion it doesn't need modding at all, especially when it consistently finds gold. Only upgrade now is a 6K or a good 2nd hand Zed. I find way more little nuggets then bigger bits.. so the 6K is looking pretty good right now. 

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Gold Catcher said:

I wanted to post a pic with the GM 5 in coil loaded with tiny small gold pieces that I found with it. But after the pic you just posted, I somehow don't feel like it anymore...😉

Oh go on Gold Catcher. Post some gold pics up. I'm In need of a gold fix.

Gee Gerry...isn't it finders keepers? Nice piece. How come it was still there for a GM 1000 to find?

G4G