Spear Head Found In Jersey ( Channel Islands )

Tonight I read this story and wondered if anyone here had seen this.

I think I would have about died if I would have uncovered it, and sure wouldn't have just let someone take it from me.

Here is the link to the story:      https://www.yahoo.com/news/bronze-age-spear-found-metal-202457797.html

Gorey, Jersey

• Like 7

Very interesting story. At least in the UK you have a chance of getting a finder's fee.

At first I thought it was New Jersey... 😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I thought New Jersey too and figured you never know what washes up on those beaches hahah.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

At first I thought it was New Jersey... 😀

So did I.  But then I realized it has a different pronunciation.  Ours is Joyzee.

• Haha 5

10 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

Very interesting story. At least in the UK you have a chance of getting a finder's fee....

Huh ?  In the USA you can make $$ too.   It's called "ebay".  So it's not only the UK guys that "have a chance of getting a finder's fee".    In fact, the system is better here, because you get to call-the-shots on whether you want to keep it, or sell it, and at what price.  So I don't see how the UK system is somehow better.    We can sell our stuff here as well, or elect to keep it, with no govt. intrusion.  

55 minutes ago, Tom_in_CA said:

Huh ?  In the USA you can make $$ too.   It's called "ebay".  So it's not only the UK guys that "have a chance of getting a finder's fee".    In fact, the system is better here, because you get to call-the-shots on whether you want to keep it, or sell it, and at what price.  So I don't see how the UK system is somehow better.    We can sell our stuff here as well, or elect to keep it, with no govt. intrusion.  

Pure contextual reply. 🙂 I'm completely aware we have it great here in the USA. 

Take for example the people that found all that gold in Israel, they got a "just be glad we didn't put you in jail". Some countries are really tough, I've been to a few of them. I've also been on eBay since 1997. 

• Like 3

• The title was changed to Spear Head Found In Jersey ( Channel Islands )