Detector Mineralization Displays

One of the reasons I got the Gold Racer was for all metal hunting and because of the FE meter. On the Kruzer series the meter is disabled in all modes except the Gen Mode so as I was hunting in filtered modes and noticed targets would sound off center or be skippy I would re-ground balance and often switch to Gen Mode to investigate. As for wrap I'm not sure I had that issue with those 2 machines or with my Tejon as those have overload protection.

For ranges I still think the displays are relative to the machine but the range is the same.

Those who have the x-terra can find how hot the ground  is with a few steps and with the 9'' standard concentric coil. I don't  remember how to do it but if you go to findmall  they should have info  at the x-terra forum.You can do it in the salt mode to so you can see how conductive the ground   is   I think.0-10,000=  mild.10,000-100,000= moderate.100,000-to a million = hot.I remember my yard was about 27,000. I checked a black sand section of Lake Ontario and I got overload it was so hot.Doing it the improper way i still got over 600,000 and that was without starting my pumping motion      at the  ground because it would over load.i imagine the overload signal means i am close  to a million for hotness.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, kac said:

One of the reasons I got the Gold Racer was for all metal hunting and because of the FE meter. On the Kruzer series the meter is disabled in all modes except the Gen Mode so as I was hunting in filtered modes and noticed targets would sound off center or be skippy I would re-ground balance and often switch to Gen Mode to investigate. As for wrap I'm not sure I had that issue with those 2 machines or with my Tejon as those have overload protection.

For ranges I still think the displays are relative to the machine but the range is the same.

I am surprised the mineral meter only functions in Gen Mode on the Kruzer. It functions in all modes on the Anfibio. It is effected by the ISAT. Higher ISAT settings will give less intensity on the meter. ISAT at zero gives full Mineral value.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Shows when I ground balance then kicks out. Lowest I can run iSat is 1 on the modes, tend to run beach and Gen at 3 unless the ground varies too much then I may kick it up as high as 6 or so. Maybe the filter modes are filtering out the Fe sensitivity? Using the last update they had think dated 2018.

I thought it used to stay on but curious if the new coil is causing it to turn off? When things warm up I will double check. Been bitter cold here.

• Like 1

Wanted to update this. I tossed my little baggie of mangetite down and ran my Gold Racer accross. Mineral meter was pegged and even after I ground balanced over it the mineral meter still displayed which is correct.

Next I tested the Multi Kruzer with the Superfly and did same thing and the mineral meter would turn off for some reason even in Gen mode. The meter would occasionally show something then turn off.

I tossed the stock coil on did same routine and the mineral meter worked perfect in all modes.

I next put the Superfly back on and did a factory reset and meter came back on just as the stock and Gold Racer did.

Big thanks JCR for pointing this out, I never noticed the settings got corrupt and assumed I was hitting clean ground in patches!!! This explains my unstable threshold in Gen Mode.

• Like 2

Nowhere in the Anfibio or Impact owners manual does it recommend a factory reset when changing coils. The Garrett manuals all do as far as I know. That is one of the few things I find inconvenient on the AT Max. I'm glad it is not required on the Anfibio with factory coils as all my Mode are customized to some extent. Good to know Non Factory aftermarket coils may need a reset. 

• Like 2

Not sure why but without the factory reset only one coil reported minerals back which was the stock.

Do have a question on the Fe Meter on the Fishers/Technetic machines. Do those machines also monitor non ferous minerals?

I ask because the Nokta/Macro machines will report on coal and coke which do not typically contain iron but instead have arsenic and lead. So is the meter sensing general conductivity of the ground?

37 minutes ago, kac said:

Not sure why but without the factory reset only one coil reported minerals back which was the stock.

Do have a question on the Fe Meter on the Fishers/Technetic machines. Do those machines also monitor non ferous minerals?

I ask because the Nokta/Macro machines will report on coal and coke which do not typically contain iron but instead have arsenic and lead. So is the meter sensing general conductivity of the ground?

That is a good question & observation. I don't have any coke or coal around. I have experimented with Iron Ore rocks & old hand made bricks. May try charcoal and and wood fire pit. Coke gives fits to those in England. Their version of a Hot Rock.

• Like 1

I have a feeling that the scales between brands are relative to the machines sensitivity and the fe meter is just a name tagged to the same sensing.

If you have any chunks of coal just mash it up and can use that to test. Finer it is the more it acts less like an object and more like a mineral. I think coal and coke are much harder to hunt in because of the spikes and usual masked objects are easy enough to hear with all metal mode. At least that has helped me last year when I spent more time hunting the toughest spots I could find in my neck of the woods.