Advice To Connect 2 Sets Of Headphones To An Equinox 600

Hi all,

My husband and I like to go metal detecting together, but with the one detector - 1 finds the spot the other digs.  We would like to be able to connect 2 headphones to the Equinox 600. I see I could get a WM08 to pair one set of headphones to the device. And if we wanted two bluetooth devices, I believe we would have to have two modules.  But in addition to the paired wireless set can we plug a second set in to the same module, so the person with the detector has a wired connection and the second person has a wireless one , only needing one module?

Thanks in advance.

Michelle

2 hours ago, MichelleFl said:

Hi all,

My husband and I like to go metal detecting together, but with the one detector - 1 finds the spot the other digs.  We would like to be able to connect 2 headphones to the Equinox 600. I see I could get a WM08 to pair one set of headphones to the device. And if we wanted two bluetooth devices, I believe we would have to have two modules.  But in addition to the paired wireless set can we plug a second set in to the same module, so the person with the detector has a wired connection and the second person has a wireless one , only needing one module?

Thanks in advance.

Michelle

I will give this a try.

You have several options.

1. One option is to just use the external speaker so you both hear the same thing.....

2. Another option is to get a pair of Bluetooth ATPX low latency headphones. Pair the headphones to the onboard Bluetooth transmitter in the Equinox control unit so the digger portion of your duo has wireless headphones. The person operating your Equinox can use wired headphones plugged into the plug-in port on the back of the control unit.

3. Another option is to obtain a WM08 module and do the same as in number 2 but your WM08 will be connecting via line of sight to the Wi Stream transmitter (not Bluetooth). That might cause out of range or out of line of sight problems for the digger. Optimally, the WM08 should be used by the detector operator so that the module and transmitter are within range. I may be exaggerating this line of sight thing but you could try it both ways.

4. Get two WM08 modules. The Equinox can handle up to 4 WM08 modules. Line of sight might still be an issue.

5. Get one WM08 module or one set of Bluetooth APTX low latency headphones or earbuds AND another brand of Bluetooth or 2.4 GHz wired headphones and transmitter like the Garrett EZ Lynks, Quest, or Tronds and plug the wired module into the plug-in on the back of the Equinox control box and use them in place of wired headphones. 

Unfortunately, I don't believe that an Equinox can have its internal Bluetooth transmitter and Wi-Stream transmitter operating at the same time. It seems to be one or the other but not both simultaneously. That would be an easy way to handle it but............I can't get it to work on my Equinox and I have tried in the past for this same reason you brought up.

• Like 3

Thank you so much, Jeff.

The built in speaker isn't loud enough for the hubby to hear clearly all the time at the beach between waves and other sounds, so we'll start testing the other options.  

I'll try your second recommendation. I was not sure if it would allow the plug in and the bluetooth simultaneously. 

• Like 1