11 hours ago, ashraf sarareh said:

I have a Fisher F75 device and it has a problem in the depth on the all-metal program. The depth is on a piece of silver weighing 15 grams to 5 cm. Please help and thank you

Please describe the problem in as much detail as you can, including all settings you are using.  If possible include a photo of this problem piece of silver.

• Like 2

• The title was changed to A Problem With F75 Depth
5 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Is this a new device? There are many counterfeit versions of the F75 in the market, so I hope you purchased from a legitimate seller. 

Hmmmm.....I think this would make a great thread Steve with your extensive knowledge of detectors : counterfeits. Maybe some pictures , examples , insights , etc. Maybe you already have a thread , idk. I find this fascinating. Could be very helpful for guys looking on the used marketplace. Thanks !

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, King-Of-Bling said:

Hmmmm.....I think this would make a great thread Steve with your extensive knowledge of detectors : counterfeits. Maybe some pictures , examples , insights , etc. Maybe you already have a thread , idk. I find this fascinating. Could be very helpful for guys looking on the used marketplace. Thanks !

https://www.detectorprospector.com/forums/topic/2595-9-million-worth-of-counterfeit-detectors-destroyed-in-dubai/

https://www.detectorprospector.com/forums/topic/7634-first-texas-pursues-counterfeiters/

https://www.detectorprospector.com/forums/topic/2795-fake-gold-bug-pro-detectors-destroyed/

Minelab Stop Counterfeits Page

Known Counterfeit Manufacturers

https://www.detectorprospector.com/forums/topic/10993-list-of-legitimate-metal-detector-dealers/

• Like 3

Assuming it isn't counterfeit, a few things that can cause loss of depth such as ground conditions and emi interference.

Do you have the silver buried?

Is this recent or just in general and what are you comparing the loss to? Previous tests? Air test vs buried?

Loss in depth just in all metal mode or in general with other modes?

All metal mode is an unfiltered raw signal. I don't know about the F75 specifically but on my Multi Kruzer the all metal mode has less depth and target id's drop off more than the filtered modes. This may or may not be the case.

• Like 1

Hi The device was purchased from a legitimate seller and when the piece is placed in a hole, its depth does not exceed 5 cm on the all-metal system, either the insulation system picks up the device at a depth of approximately 15 cm, while the stat system captures the large pieces at a depth of 1.5 meters I work on the device by searching for the old currency Attached are pictures of the coin, which is Phoenician and an American piece of silver A picture of the device My work as a device on Discrim Sensitivity 99 and insulation 15 NOTCH 1 Thank you

IMG_20210305_025556.jpg

16149059497871959868815.jpg

1614906089437554106324.jpg

There a reason the coil isn't plugged in? I would suspect that would give you zero depth. Not to be sarcastic but you should turn the machine off and assemble it and connect the coil to the control box. You should be good to go after that.

• Like 1

Try turning down the gain=sensitivity from 99 to 60.

You say in static all-metal mode you get a signal from this Phoenecian coin at 1.5 meter distance??  I don't think so....

Also you didn't say what process you are using.  The Boost Process ('bP' on the screen) when in discriminate actually affects the detector's performance in All Metal modes also.  Try setting to default process ('dE' on the screen) while in discriminate mode.  Then go to All Metal mode.

Like many detectors, in mineralized ground the numerical target ID's can 'wrap around'.  For example, silver objects can show up as iron/ferrous and sometimes iron as non-ferrous.  If you are discriminating out the iron range then you won't hear a tone for wrapped-around silver.  (But I think the loss of a sound should only occur in discriminate mode.  In the All Metal modes you should still hear a signal regardless of how notching/discrimation threshold has been set in discriminate mode.)

Note:  the Boost Process (bP) and Cache Locating Process (cL) are not on all models, only the Limited (which has a black shaft) and the F75+ (which I think has the '+' sign on the arm cuff).  I see a gold shaft on yours so likely you don't have these processes.  But you should have others (Fast, Jewelry, Plowed Field).  I still suggest the Default (dE) process for debugging.  After you've solved your problem you can try out other processes.

I like PimentoUK's suggestion (below) of doing a factory reset.  See the user-manual for how to perform that.  And turning off all discrimination (notching) is also a good suggestion he gave.  Keep things as simple as possible when debugging.

• Like 2

The 'notch' feature on the F75 is a nuisance, and it is easy to accidentally set it wrong, and not realise. I recommend performing a 'Factory Reset' , see the Owner's Manual for details of how to do this. This will clear any peculiar settings you may have got.

I notice the central foam piece from the armcup is missing, that is unusual. Also, on the genuine machines I have seen, the 6 bolts that hold the upper armcup to the lower section are painted black, not left shiny silver. This makes me suspect the machine is counterfeit.

• Like 3