Just The Artifacts #2

4 minutes ago, Tiftaaft said:

Great finds in a tough area F350P!  

I'm not gridding it yet, just random searching. I know I'll find something. Saving that for later because they won't plant some of that area, and I plan to hack my way to the river to an old baptism site. Problem is the road down there has eroded, I can see the road but there is a big drop to it. Some of the ravines here are a sudden 60-80 foot drop. It's dangerous to walk to the edge.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

I plan to hack my way to the river to an old baptism site.

Oh, wow!  My imagination is running wild thinking of all the coins that might have been dropped there.  Maybe they even tossed some in the water as an offering.  Did they use that site for other activities?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

When I was a kid my mother used to take us out bottle digging, not sure she ever got permission to dig where we did but we found a really old site. 🤔  She was quite an adventurer. Dug hundreds of them, sold them at yard sales. Good times. There is an old dump behind my house and I'm working on permission for that.

Gotta say I look forward to your exploits, you've been finding great stuff! 

Thank you.  It’s some of the best stuff I have ever found.   I started digging bottles as a kid with my friend. There was an old dump behind my parents house.   We dug hundreds of bottles then one day we met the land owner who kicked us out and showed up wanting everything we dug.  He ended up giving us a small amount of cash but oh well. Lessons learned as a kid.  That’s how I got into treasure hunting.  You are doing well at your sites.  Keep posting the finds.   

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

Oh, wow!  My imagination is running wild thinking of all the coins that might have been dropped there.  Maybe they even tossed some in the water as an offering.  Did they use that site for other activities?

As is mine, but I heard today that another local detectorist spent 3 weeks up in that area. Don't know if she knew about the baptism place but that explains why I haven't found much around the cemetery. Gotta keep expectations low! 😀

• Like 1