Whites MX Sport Waterproof Metal Detector

Good point, since White's will ship head phone adapter it would an additional income stream to sell a coil adapter for "dry" use only. I too have the Shooter coil and the WSS SEF coil that may be killer on the MX Sport for small object and nuggets. Hmm my mind is spinning.

Guest Paul (Ca)

Thanks Steve for attaching part of the audio ID information, even though tones may not be changed at least least the iron can be discriminated out if the iron and lowest tone are too close together with audio, those that select the 8 or 20 tone feature may have hard time separating iron from foil.

That was my issue with the whites SST, great detector but without the Relic 2 tone Feature was terrible as a relic machine or going after gold jewelry.

The MX Sport has so much to offer, I may get one for fresh water usage using prospecting mode and as a Relic detector with 2 tone.

The 10" center mount coil is perfect for relic and water hunting, very good all-around coil. In fact my favorite size coil for water hunting on two my my Pi's, Whites did their homework on this coil, it's what several of us water hunters have been asking for a 10" center mount. However, Many will want a larger coil for park turf or deep relic detecting or smaller coils.

Allot of us are excited, especially for Whites we all want them to prosper.

All the best,

Paul

Looking good, but it does raise another question. So far the MX Sport looks to have all the features of the MXT Pro plus extra features. However, one thing I can't find anywhere is if the ferrous/non-ferrous breakpoint in Relic mode is adjustable like on the MXT, or preset at the factory. The White's MX Sport User's Manual is ambiguous so it could go either way.

White's MX Sport Product Details Page

On 1/11/2016 at 11:25 AM, Steve Herschbach said:

looking good, but it does raise another question. So far the MX Sport looks to have all the features of the MXT Pro plus extra features. However, one thing I can't find anywhere is if the ferrous/non-ferrous breakpoint in Relic mode is adjustable like on the MXT, or preset at the factory. the Users Manual is ambiguous so it could go either way.

Hi Steve

I agree for relic hunting that could be an issue.  I'm excited about this one more so than anything that has come out lately. It's my dream water hunter.  I gave up on begging Dave J & Co to make one.  The popularity of the AT Pro proved that there is a market for fresh water VLF'S .

All metal with the iron grunt will be the first thing I'll check for wading.

Got me so excited I had to come out of hiding to post. LOL

Tom

• Like 1

Hi Tom,

Welcome aboard! Glad to have you here.

Being able to adjust the tone breakpoint is good not just for relic detecting but especially for nugget detecting, and more people seem to use relic mode for nugget detecting than the prospecting mode on the MXT. Not a deal killer either way. Lots of people are going to be very excited by this machine as long as it does not sacrifice performance compared to the MXT.

No idea on price or release date as this all got out before White's planned on it. They would be wise to get with the program and put it up on their website. I can do it in an hour so why can't they? White's MX Sport Information Page I do not understand those guys at all. Why is their forum or website the last place to go for information on White's products?

Finally, an official comment from White's at http://forums.whiteselectronics.com/showthread.php?75041-Can-you-tell-us-more-about-the-new-MXSport&p=980743&viewfull=1#post980743 from Steve Howard, Marketing Director for White's. Coming really soon he says.

I like this...

"resurrected Nautilus feature "Reject Volume". Adjust the volume of targets you have selected for rejection to 50%, 40%, 30% 20% or "0" the audio volume of the targets you have selected for accept."

The MX Sport is sounding more and more like a significant MXT upgrade, not just an MXT stuffed in a waterproof box.

• Like 4

"resurrected Nautilus feature "Reject Volume". Adjust the volume of targets you have selected for rejection to 50%, 40%, 30% 20% or "0" the audio volume of the targets you have selected for accept."

Just want to point out that this feature hasn't been in hiding. The Tek Omega 8500 has it. You can adjust the volume of any of the categories and use the volume control in place of discrimination or notch, and it works in all filter (deep) settings.

Now the 8500 has to be in Disc mode to do this.    I expect the MXSport will have to be in Disc mode as well for this to work. Adding disc funtions to true all metal modes have limitations. However, if it is a feature that is tied to a mixed mode feature (thus the reference to Natilus) it would be welcomed.

HH
Mike

• Like 1

Steve Howard is saying the release was originally scheduled for February so the leak from the FCC website has things out a bit prematurely. February is only a few weeks away however.

I have to admit I am rooting for White's on this one. They have not done anything of note for quite some time and can no doubt use a little boost to the bottom line.

I hope a coil adapter is either forthcoming or at least possible for existing MXT coils. I would love to put my Big Foot coil on the MX Sport!

The MX Sport is now featured in a big, bold banner on White's home page http://www.whiteselectronics.com

• Like 2

Just saw this thread.  I guess the cats out of the bag now.  I've been one of the field testers for this beta unit for months now and can't say much about it.  I can say it is NOT just an MXT in a new box.  It has been completely redesigned from the ground up.  We have, we hope, ironed out most of the bugs and I think it will be a winner. 

Stay tuned, it will be available soon and I believe you will be impressed.

Digger Bob

• Like 3