Whites MX Sport Waterproof Metal Detector

It's called MD-hunter Blog.

This guy has a banana has it on the ground and when he swings the MX over it he calls it a quarter. Later he starts to eat the banana and out comes a quarter.

I wish I knew how to move it over here. I haven't heard about any release date.

Chuck

Ok, here's something new.  I got called out today to help a guy find some silver bars he buried and then couldn't find.  I took the MX Sport prototype I still have and was able locate about 1000 oz. of his hidden silver.  I played around with Relic, Prospecting, and Hi Trash modes.  The prospecting seemed to work the best for this application.

bob1.jpgbob2.jpgbob3.jpg

• Like 3

You are the man Bob! Hope you got at least one of the little bars for the effort.

I have a hard time imagining hiding 1000 ounces of silver or gold or whatever and then forgetting where I put it. People with bad memories really should just use a bank and leave hiding stuff to the rest of us!

• Like 1

Well, I haven't a bar yet.  He says there is still about 1000 oz. still out there in another place.  I'm going back next week.  There was a lot of surface trash that made it hard so he's going to clear off some area down a few inches and I'll give it another go.

He claims that all of these are "collectors" bars.  Different mints, weights, and years.  I saw one that dated back to the 1920's.  These are valued far in excess of their bullion value, up to 20 times spot.  I'm not sure I believe that or not as I've never heard of anything like that.  But, people do collect the craziest things.

Here's a picture on one from this hoard that I thought was unique.  I'll research the providence next week.  A 25 oz. bar embossed with the Whites logo and name.  I'm guessing from the early 70's.  This is the one I want, if I can talk him out of it.  I didn't ask for any bars this time, just a bit of cash for my time.

So, we shall see.  Stay tuned!

whites-mx-sport-finds-silver-bar.jpg

• Like 6

A real life treasure hunt is really cool Bob.Thanks for sharing the photos and story.  So people really do bury money and such? How did you tell the silver bars vs the fence that was so close by? I assume that ammo box let off a BIG bang and not a whisper? Looks like maybe a foot down?

I always heard most folks bury stuff only as deep as they can reach?

I have a buddy at work who buried $5,000 in his parents back yard but in cash just in case he ever got divorced he would have his secret stash to fall back on. Then his parents moved and his brother moved in and took down the old satellite dish that was my buddys landmark. He had to probe the ground with a metal rod as the cash was in a plastic bag. Somehow he lucked out and found it.

-Tom

I wonder how many caches we've left in the ground thinking it was a large trash target? Must be thousands just in the US? Lot's of scenarios after you cover it up. Heart attacks, car wrecks, amnesia, murder, development, Alzheimers or just plain forgot.............

Guest Paul (Ca)

I don't know if this has been brought up before, the MXT is great for searching for old settlements due to the loud iron grunt.

I'm more into Relic detecting, been many a time the MXT helped me locate 1700-1800 lost settlements because of the iron audio. Nothing out there comes close, the MXT iron grunt is bar none the best on the planet.

When searching for old settlements, one needs to be listening for iron..Allot of iron, old iron left behind from the first settlers/pioneers of long ago. With the MXT, iron bangs out loud and clear.

Some of these newer top end detectors even those from the UK, although they have some form of iron audio it's nothing like an MXT iron grunt.

That's one of my several reasons for getting the MX Sport, it'll be a terrific detector for relic hunting especially when searching for old settlements, find the old iron then go after the old coins and relics.

Paul

Very interesting, I never heard of a White's silver bar, but a guy is trying to sell one on eBay right now for $625 http://www.ebay.com/itm/25-TROY-OZ-999-FINE-SILVER-by-WHITES-METAL-DETECTORS-OLD-POUR-METAL-FLOW-REV-/321995391032?

Exactly.  That's $25 an oz.  I never would have believed there was a collectors market for something like this.