Whites MX Sport Waterproof Metal Detector

It's been so much talk of what we don't like about the location of the headphone jack. Well the powers that be put it there and whatever reason they didn't call us first before they done it. This may be the reason White's is giving us the adapter for the worry warts to reduce the stress.

Like I said before that adapter cord looks long enough to run under your arm and turn it back to the front to plug that headphones you like.

We had good bad and indifferent talk going on the eleven page about the MX Sport and it's not over with yet. I've had one White's dealer contact me informing me he should have some soon in stock. He didn't know just how bad I wanted one and to say no just about put me in the hospital.

I'm more inline with Steve on a better ID than depth. I know I'm repeating myself but some of the oldest coins I found had no more than dust over them. Being I'll be 75 in May maybe you can overlook my repeats.Haha

I believe this talk on one detector will set a record. All I can say for White's is you must have a winner.

Chuck  

PS If you don't cover your hole and pick up your trash you won't be hunting with me. 

It is not that I do not want great depth, it is that I am sure White's or anyone else can make a single frequency VLF detector that hits close enough to the maximum depth limits achieved by this technology for well over twenty years now.

Hoping the MX Sport gets great depth is like hoping the next new car Chevy releases will be able to go the speed limit. Standard VLF detectors have reached raw depth limits for a long time. I very much want more depth, but I am not going to get my hopes up in that department unless machines have new patent numbers attached. The only real advances in VLF as of late have been in target id accuracy and recovery speed.

I am surprised at the legs this thread has had and I attribute it to White's still having a powerful brand name. There is a long standing desire for something new from this once major mover in the industry. Looks like White's is on the move again finally, and that has people excited. I can't wait to see the rest of what will obviously be a line of several machines based on this housing. For better or worse, I think White's has finally retired the old metal mail boxes. Competition is going to get fierce the next few years with dozens of great machines vying for our dollars. That can't help but be good for us, the detector public. We are the folks I am rooting for!

Goodevening guys

Im Riccardo from the netherlands.

and im following this threat now some weeks,

i started searching years ago with the  eagle sl2, ., then the spectrum and now the last 7 years the xlt e series

i found here a bunch of old stuff my oldest find was a braceled  frankisch from the year 500, my oldest zilver coin was one from 1266

i liked the white,s machine .. but then there was the mx sport, in conssidering to buy one in march . but shall it be better the the xlt with the deepscan 950 coil??

the mx sport shall cost here 925 euro,s 

here some pics from holland :)

20150406_180736.jpg

IMG_65101578286080.jpeg

23-03-08 Noorddijkerweg 21 (4).JPG

23-03-08 Noorddijkerweg 21 (2).JPG

• Like 4

Rico, welcome to the forum!

The XLT is a very good detector and in the right hands (no doubt like yours) it runs with the best of them. I having been to the UK myself and getting rained on nearly every day of my visit can see the appeal of a machine like the MX Sport right away. It would be nice to not worry about the rain, and to be able to just hose the mud off the detector periodically.

The finds people like you make in Europe are just amazing. Coins you think are too young to bother with are older than anything possible in the U.S. Those are some great finds - I hope to get back over the pond one of these days for another go at ancient treasure!

• Like 1

Lol steve

every time i see the program on discovery with the ringmaster and that other dude, im laughing my pants out,

they talk ablout old, finds, yess in american standard. the normal coins we find are around 16 17 and 1800 and older, 

we have big fields that where in the early 1700 peat fields. they take the 2 peal in 2 meters off, and filled it with human sh#t and street dirt, and trash to make the fields the peat was shipped in boats that where going toi big city,s acros the netherlands and they take the shit stuff back in the ships, it was good for the plant,s 

in that ground we find coins  musket bullets  and more of that crazy stuff

but this weekend is comming a buyer for my xlt . a shame but my wife is killing me loknths back ive bought already the treasuremaster  for backup. and now its time to try a new model, sow the xlt was the victim .. i hope i dont regret it :)

2009-22 Febr. vondsten (4).JPG

19413_1002765143097677_3509034681289469904_n.jpg

2009-22 Febr. vondsten (2).JPG

• Like 1

Hey Bowwinkles

I see it's your first post. I welcome you and come back often. I'm one that want to see more of it. I'm just wondering if White's will offer a package with it. But only the powers that be know.

Thanks for the heads up.

Chuck

White's has added the official MX Sport User's Manual to their website and it is available here.

I have compared it to the preliminary manual and only see one change - the addition of one section on the Reject Volume feature. Other than that the manual appears to be the same, though with a much lower quality in the visual clarity of the tables - too much compression used on the file. The preliminary manual is much sharper when viewed or printed.

I have to admit I was hoping for some other operational gems to be revealed but that looks to be about it.

whites-mx-sport-reject-volume-settings.j

There appears to be an error in both versions of the manual in the specifications listing. Both tables show the MX Sport as having up to 22 tones. Yet the manual is clear that a 20 tone setting is the highest obtainable. Are they counting the 20 tones plus maybe iron grunt and something else? Maybe, but it is being repeated a lot on the forums that the MX Sport has a 22 tone mode when in fact it does not. I have made a change to my own version of the spec list to help alleviate this confusion.

Kind of like on the picture of the box below. Instead of "20 Audio Tone Option" it says "20 Audio Tone Options" which makes me think the machine has twenty different audio tone settings. Little things like that can leave people disappointed for no good reason, all over an extra letter "s".

whites-mx-sport-specifications-table.jpg

Boxed and ready to ship.....

whites-mx-sport-in-box-ready-to-ship.jpg

1 hour ago, Ridge Runner said:

Hey Bowwinkles

I see it's your first post. I welcome you and come back often. I'm one that want to see more of it. I'm just wondering if White's will offer a package with it. But only the powers that be know.

Thanks for the heads up.

Chuck

Been here a long time just new rules forced me to register. So I might as well also take advantage of this event.

• Like 1

Hello all,

This is my first post on this board and I'm from the Detroit area.

I've been watching this thread for a while now, I'm planning to get an mx sport early March.

Not sure where I'm ordering it from online as of yet, I'm open to suggestions.

Happy hunting :smile: