Whites MX Sport Waterproof Metal Detector

Wow, sorry to hear about the break in John. I hope it gets sorted out in your favor.

I hate to tell you this but that is an official genuine White's video. If you have been watching lately they have gone for a much more casual style.

Thanks Steve, My son went there and took Photos, and He and his mate rescued my 4x4 gear but the place is a mess.

Well to be fair to Whites from your experience, is it possible that either their MXT was is a bit on the weak side or my one is running a bit hotter than the norm, because there has to be A simple answer, Can their be that much of a difference between two machines that are the same model ?. maybe they will save a few quid on production costs on more relaxed videos,

John

Well, again John, I think the video has distracted you from reality. Reality is the engineers at White's and product testers for White's are convinced that the MX Sport is bringing genuine performance improvements to the table. Anyone that doubts that only need sit back and wait for the dust to settle. All will be clear 6 months from now.

The videos are not about saving money they are about reaching certain demographics. The video style is designed to appeal more to the Facebook generation than us. I am not a fan of all the video tease myself. I like a full blown "here it is and everything about it in extreme detail with a million photos" type release. Devote ten pages on the White's website to it and bury me with specification details and let people post questions and get straight forward answers with no frills or nonsense. But that is just me. Maybe there are people that like the new age of social media type marketing.

• Like 1

Well,

Iv been sitting back reading anything I can find on this MX sport' and my opinion is that it looks good! Sounds good! and no doubt if you already have a MXT the SPORT defiantly has features worth upgrading for but me personally i'v never been that interested in coins and relics but I'm waiting for results on gold and wet salt.

The whites videos... Well a little silly but I think they are doing a good job building up to the release.

John' keep ya cool mate, I think your MXT is a hot one! Mine sure wasn't.

• Like 2

Yeah, Thanks Luke I think you are right, Now my health issues are slowly getting a bit better I am heading up north to chase the yellow, But that won't be for a while coz they are getting hit with snow, But I have the gear to do the deed and after 6 years of using the same model of machines and not ping-ponging from one type or brand I think I got a good handle on it and I know what I am doing so what is more important is making them Earn their Keep, lol

John

Well, again John, I think the video has distracted you from reality. Reality is the engineers at White's and product testers for White's are convinced that the MX Sport is bringing genuine performance improvements to the table. Anyone that doubts that only need sit back and wait for the dust to settle. All will be clear 6 months from now.

The videos are not about saving money they are about reaching certain demographics. The video style is designed to appeal more to the Facebook generation than us. I am not a fan of all the video tease myself. I like a full blown "here it is and everything about it in extreme detail with a million photos" type release. Devote ten pages on the White's website to it and bury me with specification details and let people post questions and get straight forward answers with no frills or nonsense. But that is just me. Maybe there are people that like the new age of social media type marketing.

Their video has not distracted me from reality one bit it is the exact opposite, Being that their results with the MXT do not match mine, and I have been detecting since that guy was taking Teddy Bears to bed, And I have been using the MXTs since 2010 and Only the MXTs, I don't care if he works at NASA I have more than 5 and a half years invested in the MXT and well Over 3000 hours of time spent swinging the same Coil/Machine. so there is a slight chance I might know a bit more than he does when it comes to real World detecting with the MXT.

So all I can say is I agree to Disagree and leave it at that.

You are not disagreeing with me John - your disagreement is with White's. As you have made clear you know more than the people that make the detectors. Since they know more than me, and you know more than them, I am wasting my time on this tempest in a teapot.

I don't give a whit about the performance aspects myself. I am sure the MX Sport will be adequate in that regard. I will leave the hair splitting to you and others. When it comes to VLF detectors all I care about these days is the feature set.

Buying a general purpose VLF detectors it is like buying a car. They can all do the speed limit. Only rare people buy cars because they can go over 200 mph. Find the feature set that does what you want at the price you can afford. After that, if you want more finds, forget looking for a machine that "gets another inch". Just find better places to detect.

Last time I am going to say this before I move on but just to be clear. I think anyone who has an MXT who is considering the MX Sport solely because they want more performance is barking up the wrong tree. Do it because the MX Sport has a feature you sorely want that the MXT lacks, like being waterproof for instance. Or the notch discrimination and tone options. If you do that you will not be disappointed. Chasing performance with simple VLF detectors these days will nearly always result in disappointment as long as we are talking top tier machines. Just my opinion.

whites-mx-sport-colorful-lcd-display.jpg

• Like 2

After using 4- ATpro's off and on over the years I felt it could have used some features that some of my other machines had. I want a larger display, tone options and a backlight. I really thought Garrett would have ditched the standard mode and used that part to add more options. But they haven't. I've been waiting for somebody to give me more of what I wanted. Heck I was seriously looking at the Deteknix Quest. Now after some videos and the about to be released MXS I'm not interested in the Quest. The MXS has everything I wanted in an ATpro and tons more. Do I expect it to hit deep silver better than my Etrac or pluck Gold out of the Ocean? Heck no. I just hope it does most everything well. From what I've seen it will. On the other hand if the MXS cost $2900 then yes, It better be super at everything.

• Like 1

On February 13, 2016 at 3:28 AM, auminesweeper said:

Their video has not distracted me from reality one bit it is the exact opposite, Being that their results with the MXT do not match mine, and I have been detecting since that guy was taking Teddy Bears to bed, And I have been using the MXTs since 2010 and Only the MXTs, I don't care if he works at NASA I have more than 5 and a half years invested in the MXT and well Over 3000 hours of time spent swinging the same Coil/Machine. so there is a slight chance I might know a bit more than he does when it comes to real World detecting with the MXT.

So all I can say is I agree to Disagree and leave it at that.

I dont think the engineer in the video is trying to tear down his own products. He is just being refreshingly honest about what folks know are the challenges of each unit and why they worked on these things for mxsport.

Also you must have a really "hot" machine. I am no where near the same results as you are getting and i repeated mine again on two different days and got the same results. Not to say that the video, your results, and mine could all be in range of possible results on a unit for air test. And as Steve mentions that is not what counts. Its the ground tests that matter.

• Like 1