Whites MX Sport Waterproof Metal Detector

On February 13, 2016 at 11:15 AM, khouse said:

After using 4- ATpro's off and on over the years I felt it could have used some features that some of my other machines had.  I want a larger display, tone options and a backlight.  I really thought Garrett would have ditched the standard mode and used that part to add more options. But they haven't.  I've been waiting for somebody to give me more of what I wanted.  Heck I was seriously looking at the Deteknix Quest.  Now after some videos and the about to be released MXS I'm not interested in the Quest.  The MXS has everything I wanted in an ATpro and tons more. Do I expect it to hit deep silver better than my Etrac or pluck Gold out of the Ocean? Heck no.  I just hope it does most everything well.  From what I've seen it will.  On the other hand if the MXS cost $2900 then yes, It better be super at everything.

I agree...also the Quest has something wrong with their displays. Probably cheap china engineering with no one minding the store on how to build a metal detector display properly.

MXS is $749

Deteknix sent MDG a machine to try out and make videos with it.  I guess they didn't take it out of the box to make sure he got a good one?  The video borders on the edge of being comical.  I was so desperate for a new fresh water machine I was actually looking at the Deteknix pretty hard.  I'm so pleased the MXS is coming out......

Tom I have just shot a short Video with my Phone, Showing the Nail and the Coin Recovery test and also showing my MXT hitting a Quarter at 12 Inches,

So if anyone wants to send me their Email Via PM I will willingly send it to them, And the Batteries are getting down a bit too,

So just to make it harder for the MXT I got a 1/4" X 6" Diamond Steel File and then put the Quarter next to the End of it and I still Got the Quarter

Thanks for keeping an open mind Tom.

John

Okay people I've sit here and watch all of the MX Sport video's . I've come to the conclusion of two things. The first is I don't have a MX Sport yet. The other is being it's so easy on batteries why would I need to spend the money on a recharge system. The truth is I have one already. Twenty hours are more is a long time on one set of batteries.

Hey Digger Bob

I don't think I've seen the date the MX Sport will hit the market.. So what do you say ?

Chuck

• Like 1

I'm guessing the middle of March even though they said February.  It seems they may be making some last minute tweaks from some suggestions that have been brought up?  It's just a guess though.  I really think the 4x6 coil should be in the line up as well. Maybe a bundle pack with any accessory coil of choice?  Also throw in that new digger to sweeten the pot!  I maybe asking too much? LOL.  Although not a deal breaker I would like to see the ability to set the iron disc one number at a time and not in blocks. But for the price what can we really expect?  I expect a machine that will work well in just about every environment.

I just looked and here I'm thinking about buying a waterproof detector. But White's is telling me the waterproof headphones is optional. Why don't White's just sell me the waterproof headphones and make the waterproof detector optional. This makes about as of much sense as other way around.

Oh well it's nothing says I have to buy it. I'll leave it at that.

Chuck

Hi khouse

I know all the other detector companies have made the waterproof headphones optional.

If I go buy a land detector I get land headphones. Now I buy a waterproof detector to hunt in the water. Oh I can hunt in the water with it as long I don't get my head wet. I can do it if I'm willing to put out another hundred dollars to buy the headphones I needed to start with.

I guess I was in hopes White's would make it a waterproof package. 

Chuck