Whites MX Sport Waterproof Metal Detector

I noticed in one of the factory videos that the battery cap has 2 seals.  One inner O-ring and one outer yellow gasket.  The gasket will keep the trash from entering the main sealing area where the O-ring is.  A double seal system. 

18 hours ago, Ridge Runner said:

khouse

If we never agree again I do on your above post. It's been times in past years I wish my detector was waterproof. Say the time I drop one in the water and it couldn't swim. Lucky for me it was fresh water and it worked after some heat to dry it out.

Chuck 

We will agree again my friend!  It might be after a few Beers...................

18 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Final product may be different but this is a prototype of the included headphone adapter. You know, the one that SDC 2300 owners had to pay $100 for after spending over $3000 on their detector.

whites-mx-sport-waterproof-headphone-adapter-to-dry-land.jpg

This cord looks plenty long enough to reach the rear of the MXS.  Sweet!

Just one place where the MXS can be breached - and it has 2 seals.  I'm positive Whites is moving forward with all mid to upper range waterproof designs. All they have to do is build new heads and slap on the MXS pole........ I think this is why they kept the 12 volt system - to make sure they have enough power to run them....

As opposed to add a cable It would be better just to fit the socket in the right position in the first place, and it will still need an adapter so normal headphones can be used, But there again it is made for water use so they are under no obligation to supply an adapter they just have to have the headphones in stock, the problems only arise when we start wanting other things, So we are the ones putting problems in the way.

The adapter is fine as long as they move the socket, Otherwise I would rather buy the ATX, It might cost more and have less features but there is no way am I going to entertain  the MXS with its headphone socket in it's present position and if I need a faster machine I would aim for the Racer 2 purely because of that socket.