Whites MX Sport Waterproof Metal Detector

Hey Digger Bob

Thanks Bob for the heads up on the MX Sport. Well if you got the MX Sport then I'd say they must be out..

I may be wrong but I think it will be a big seller for White's.

Thanks Again

Chuck 

On ‎2‎/‎25‎/‎2016 at 11:21 AM, Steve Herschbach said:

There appears to be an error in both versions of the manual in the specifications listing. Both tables show the MX Sport as having up to 22 tones. Yet the manual is clear that a 20 tone setting is the highest obtainable. Are they counting the 20 tones plus maybe iron grunt and something else? Maybe, but it is being repeated a lot on the forums that the MX Sport has a 22 tone mode when in fact it does not. I have made a change to my own version of the spec list to help alleviate this confusion.

Kind of like on the picture of the box below. Instead of "20 Audio Tone Option" it says "20 Audio Tone Options" which makes me think the machine has twenty different audio tone settings. Little things like that can leave people disappointed for no good reason, all over an extra letter "s".

Steve,

I know the initial Operator's Manual stated '22 Tones' and it was errant on White's part, I believe, and I didn't note it at first.  However, I believe the correct description is '20' Tone options in a  Discriminate mode (1, 2, 4, 8 and 20), and '2' Tone options in the All Metal mode.  One is 'VCO' enhanced audio, and the other is 'No-VCO' for a standard single tone.  So combined with the '20' Tones available in the Discriminate mode and '2' Tone options in the All Metal mode, that totals '22' Tones available.

Monte

Yeah, I get there may be more than twenty tones just counted separately - I said that. The problem is people are thinking there is a 22 tone hunt mode and there is not. Certainly no big deal just something people on the internet have been quoting as an expected feature as in "I can't wait to try to 22 tone mode". There is no such mode.

Well Steve did you get your hands on the MX Sport detector at the GPAA gold show ? Maybe the Racer 2 too ? I can't find anything on the Racer 2. I don't believe dealers have them yet.

Chuck

I posted in the Racer 2 thread several days ago that it is shipping to distributors March 4 so you did not see that I guess. MX Sport only in a couple dealers hands so far, none at Vegas show.

I figure I will be hands on with both by mid March. Whether they will be at Phoenix show or not is largely up to dealers pushing to make it so.

Yes I miss that about the Racer 2. That's what I get for not reading everything.. It won't be long my cup will be running over with both detectors and this long post will be history.

Thanks!

Chuck

Seems that the tracking data saying Monday delivery might have not happened. I have seen no where that anyone received their new machine (MXS) today. Just in case, this will bring this thread to the top so those who did get one can easily access  it. :wacko:

Woops, I spoke to soon. Someone on the finds forum got theirs just now. 

Hey Digger

That's great that sales for the MXS is outstanding. With it going that way we should be hearing soon of reports coming from the field. The best test is the ones coming from the buyers with their show and tell.

The Best Digger.

Chuck.