9 hours ago, Joe D. said:

Whopper of a day! Your good for March already! I need that type of beach near me! You definitely were in the ring range with all those nickles! Great job! When the soreness goes away, you will have to hit it again!!👍👍

Thanks, I should be back at it this coming Thursday. We'll see if conditions are the same or not. But either way, I get the stress release of being on a beach and my detecting fix is satisfied!

9 hours ago, Valens Legacy said:

Just how many days did it take to get all that?

Fantastic hunt, just wish I could do that sometime.

Good luck on your next outing.

That was one, 7 hour hunt. For the last 5 hunts combined, I'm nearing 90 silver coins from this beach. When conditions are right, you can get a lot of coins. I remember some hunters in New Hampshire that got 100 silver coins in just one hunt.  Early morning and late night hunt. The coins are just deep enough to be out of range of most VLF's but well within the range of pulse machines.

8 hours ago, GaryC/Oregon Coast said:

Those conditions must have been perfect!  Nice haul of silver for any beach.  GaryC/Oregon Coast

If I lived closer, my wife would only see me long enough to feed me 😂 But if I get her a nice ring, I may be OK. Conditions are great here. Usually they get good around October as bigger storms hit the coast, but this time it was late and it's better in Feb/ Mar.

6 hours ago, mn90403 said:

You're the man!  What a great outing for a great guy.

I'll contrast it with my 2 hour outing on the beach here and I found less than $.50!

What coil do you use with the 5000?

Mitchel

Thanks, Mitchel. I'm using the 12.5" Detech DD coil. It seems to be the best choice from all the coils I have. I have the 18"DD but I would have to either get a bungee cord or a side handle for the machine, neither of which I have a love for. If I could find a way to drag the small spade I use behind me,  then I would try the 18" coil for deep quarters and half dollars. 

56 minutes ago, Jim in ma said:

Great Silver haul!  that charm looks promising.

years back I would clean all my silver.  Then I realized it look just like the pile of clad next to it. 

Now I do not clean silver I leave it all black and crusty as I found it.  When I look into my box of silver coins they bring back the memories of finding them.

I just cleaned one of those black cookies and found a very poor Washington quarter beneath it. Not even a date.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, schoolofhardNox said:

...All copper pennies but 1 zinc, so I put that with the trash picture.

...where it belongs!  If my ratio were similar (dry land detecting) I would conclude that the site hadn't been frequented in the last 35+ years (1982 having the last 95% copper cent production).  But you beach detectorists have different environmental factors working.  Is you conclusion similar or do you think the Zincolns have disappeared, either by corrosion or selective washing away?

7 hours with such a heavy detector is quite impressive.  I do well to hold up after only half that amount of time with my ~3-3.5 lb detectors.  And obviously, based upon simply the number of good targets shown, your recovery energy output is considerable as well.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

...where it belongs!  If my ratio were similar (dry land detecting) I would conclude that the site hadn't been frequented in the last 35+ years (1982 having the last 95% copper cent production).  But you beach detectorists have different environmental factors working.  Is you conclusion similar or do you think the Zincolns have disappeared, either by corrosion or selective washing away?

7 hours with such a heavy detector is quite impressive.  I do well to hold up after only half that amount of time with my ~3-3.5 lb detectors.  And obviously, based upon simply the number of good targets shown, your recovery energy output is considerable as well.

Thanks GB. The zincs were washed away when about a foot of sand went with them. The one zinc I found was kind of a shock, as it was as deep as the mid 60's layer that was exposed. Just shows you how the beach mixes everything up. We could be so lucky to have the zincs corrode away quickly. They slowly degrade and cause havoc with my Equinox numbers. They find there way down into #'s they should not be, like 9, 6, 5, all great gold #'s. I'm used to the weight of the GPX, it's the constant digging that gets to me. Non stop, and no lunch is what does me in after 7 hours. I've had people move into where I was hunting when I changed machines, so I stick to it until I've had enough. My energy level is a mathematical equation E=GFxS (Energy= Good Finds x Sugar) 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1