It's hard to hit those places. No one talks about it being drained until someone slips up 😄 I actually saw a huge pond drained in my area and found out about it after stumbling onto a YouTube video of it. Then the snow came in and I missed my chance. At least you got a ring from it.  I always try all metal if I'm not getting a lot of targets, just to get a little deeper.

• Like 1

Yes, I did not mention I was hunting in All Metal.  I also had my Impulse with me but did not get it on the ground, too much trash here.  I brought my big tire wagon to haul all the gear to the site, as it's closed.  Probably a 1/4 mile walk from the parked truck outside the park.  GaryC/Oregon Coast

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, GaryC/Oregon Coast said:

Yes, I did not mention I was hunting in All Metal.  I also had my Impulse with me but did not get it on the ground, too much trash here.  I brought my big tire wagon to haul all the gear to the site, as it's closed.  Probably a 1/4 mile walk from the parked truck outside the park.  GaryC/Oregon Coast

Those guys hit that place hard before you got there 😢 The walk in pretty much eliminates swapping out machines or coils too. At least you got that ring. 👍

• Like 1

Gary,

That's exactly the same scenario I have to deal with to hunt the Treasure Coast! Wait for the right conditions, drive about a hundred miles, and try and hit the tide right, hope I pick the right beach, and compete with all the locals for missed items! Very tough to hit it right! But I've met some great hunters there, and I don't feel as much of an outsider as I used to, now that some of the faces are familiar!

Good luck to you hitting it right!👍👍

• Like 1